• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on SiCo ASR mounts?

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Thoughts on SiCo ASR mounts?

I used them years ago, didn't like the way they worked and didn't seem to get reliable POI with the can on compared to the ASR brake without the can.

Struggling with 2 direct thread mount Omegas that keeps walking off my barrels (2 guns).

using plumbers tape I get very inconsistent POI

Bare muzzle is very very accurate and consistent with one gun, other is a new build so data with can is limited

POI changes every time I take it off and remount ; not repeatable

SiCo is telling me to get an ASR again (I still have one ASR mount, but not muzzle device)

Thoughts?

I never had an issue with the asr system and repeatability but I use the 419 now myself because I refuse to shoot with a brake. I take the can off and Ill go bare muzzle before I use a brake. The barrel piece are only 40 instead of 80 for an asr brake mount and the can piece are 90 instead of the 150.

The area419 brake is the polar opposite side of the spectrum from a can though. Its pretty blasty to the shooter.

Reactions: Odindad
I'm not a fan of it, I switched to keymo and since then have switched to taper mounts.

I'm on team taper mount. Lighter & shorter.

Specifically Rearden.

I've personally never used the ASR brake. Converted my wife's Omega and our rifles to a Q Plan B/Rearden setup, as it made more sense to us.

I believe @Terry Cross uses the ASR a lot and likes it.

Reactions: Terry Cross
Thoughts on SiCo ASR mounts?

I used them years ago, didn't like the way they worked and didn't seem to get reliable POI with the can on compared to the ASR brake without the can.

Struggling with 2 direct thread mount Omegas that keeps walking off my barrels (2 guns).

using plumbers tape I get very inconsistent POI

Bare muzzle is very very accurate and consistent with one gun, other is a new build so data with can is limited

POI changes every time I take it off and remount ; not repeatable

SiCo is telling me to get an ASR again (I still have one ASR mount, but not muzzle device)

Thoughts?
If it is so loose you have to use tape I would have it cut and rethreaded

I use the ASR mount on several rifles. Soon to be 2 suppressors. A 556 saker and 36M. Only issue I’ve had is carbon locked if you shoot and just put the fan away. If you break it loose after and retighten no issue. Gets run on one precision AR. Haven’t had an issue but mainly run on SBR and 16” gas guns which aren’t geared towards precision. Last group from precision AR with 18” WOA barrel was 1/2” at 100 for 3 shots.

I've used the SiCo ASR on the following weapons with a Specwar 762 since about 2014. All are braked except the 300BO which has a flash hider. The only issue I have is occasional carbon lock on the bolt action 6.5 CM. It's pretty frequent on that one actually, but never on the others. And it isn't severe enough to require tools to free it, just a good hard twist with bare hands. FWIW, this is the only quick attach system I've used to date.

10.5" 5.56 AR
8.25" 300BO AR
18.5" .308 AR
20" 5.56 AR
26" 6.5CM bolt action

Reactions: inspcalahan
I have several rifles set up with the ASR mounts since I have a Specwar 762 & 556k. No issues with repeatability- I shoot monthly matches and just throw the can on and hit out to 1k yds no issues. I do use copper based anti-seize on the threads every so often to keep from locking up on the muzzle device. However, i just purchased another suppressor (Liberty Precision Anthem) and after doing a lot of research on them and mounting devices I’ve decided to switch over to the Rearden system and dedicate the Specwar cans to specific guns. The ASR and Keymo are good options but for me there are too many advantages of the taper style - size, weight, cost, etc. The Dead Air Xeno system is a good option as well. Cans like the CGS Helios QD requires an extension piece to use the ASR, Keymo and other mounts. Others may in the future as well depending on design. The taper style gives more (and shorter) muzzle device options and shorter overall length. Plenty of vids out there to help explain these systems too.