• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions on the Tenmile Trijicon

Arrr Emm

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2023
Virginia
Just looking for opinions on the Tenmile Trijicon line of optics and firsthand reviews, if anyone is running them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: simonp
I avoid this brand due to the very limited warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles or red dots in their scopes same as the SIG warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles and leveling device and Bluetooth on scopes and rangefinder binoculars with only 5 years from date of manufacture NOT date of actual purchase so if you're buying closeouts the electronics warranty may already be expired and all electronics will and do go bad. Other brands of scopes electronics illuminated reticles warranties Bushnell one year, Nightforce 3 years, Steiner 3 years, Zeiss 3 years, or was it two years for Zeiss and Steiner but I don't buy any scope brands with such minimum short term limited warranty on their electronics. Only March with 10 year warranty is the shortest warranty scope I personally buy.

Disregard if you're planning to buy a Trijicon or any of these mentioned brands of scope without any electronics IE no illuminated reticles or red dots on them.

I avoid this brand due to the very limited warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles or red dots in their scopes same as the SIG warranty on their electronics such as illuminated reticles and leveling device and Bluetooth on scopes and rangefinder binoculars with only 5 years from date of manufacture NOT date of actual purchase so if you're buying closeouts the electronics warranty may already be expired and all electronics will and do go bad. Other brands of scopes electronics illuminated reticles warranties Bushnell one year, Nightforce 3 years, Steiner 3 years, Zeiss 3 years, or was it two years for Zeiss and Steiner but I don't buy any scope brands with such minimum short term limited warranty on their electronics. Only March with 10 year warranty is the shortest warranty scope I personally buy.

Disregard if you're planning to buy a Trijicon or any of these mentioned brands of scope without any electronics IE no illuminated reticles or red dots on them.
Thanks for the run down. That is great info that I was not aware of. I think warranty is a huge piece that guys overlook

Reactions: chiroz
I’ve been impressed with their durability in other sights drop tests.

I would probably buy a 4.5-30 if it had .2 or .25 mil graduations. I have a credo and it feels very well built for the price point. Far nicer/more robust fit and feel than my lht was.

They appear to be well made, durable, quality optics- and can often be found at great prices. Also, Trijicon is a respected American Defense company that'll be around for a long time.

Last edited:
Lots of reviews on some of the hunting forums. Personally I have 3 on hunting rifles so they don’t get tons of rounds fired with them but so far so good. My truck gun does get bounced around a lot, it has the 4-24 tenmile and has held zero. I like them a more than the vortex lht’s I have.

Love my Tenmile 3-18x44. Hits the right balance of features and weight for the price. Zero regrets.

Max power is a very personal thing. Some shoot better with higher power. Some don’t. What someone else can do at distance with a particular power scope is of zero concern of anyone else IMHO.

Barbour creek runs then on his school guns and they get shot a lot. Lots of turrets twisting and he has no complaints. Some of his actions and scopes have over 10,000 rounds on them. I believe I heard him say some are approaching 15 thousand rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: B Man and simonp
I've got 2 4.5-30's on my win mag and 6.5. I love the glass and track well. The warranty is a downer, but they are built pretty solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I picked up a Tenmile 4.5-30 SFP for my .223 trainer a while ago when EO was closing them out for $1,099 (1 Feb purchase). They still have a couple, but are asking closer to $1,300 now.

I can't comment at all regarding the tracking, or anything else really as I still haven't mounted it yet. Informal comparison regarding image quality and eyebox (completely subjective) would have me putting it in the same ballpark as my US made XTR III with about five minutes of looking through both one evening.

Reactions: Arrr Emm
I have a Credo HX 4-16 that is on a crossover rifle I hunt with, lives in the truck, and shoot precision with. It was my first Trij and I’m a fan after this one.

Guy on rockslide runs and test rifles hard and he’s very impressed as are others over there running them now. Here is a link to test.

Has me wanting a Ten mile 4.5-30 for a build I’m finishing.

I have a Credo HX 4-16 that is on a crossover rifle I hunt with, lives in the truck, and shoot precision with. It was my first Trij and I’m a fan after this one.

Guy on rockslide runs and test rifles hard and he’s very impressed as are others over there running them now. Here is a link to test.

I also saw those tests and picked up 2 of the tenmiles. Very happy so far

Reactions: B Man
New to the forum but have been reading posts and reviews for awhile on the hide. Lots of great knowledge here!
I don’t personally have a tenmile but have 3 accupoints on various varmint rigs and a
3-9 on a deer rifle and all have performed great!

Reactions: Arrr Emm
Have a couple range sessions with my 4.5-30 Tenmile on two different rifles now.

Tracking has been perfect (so far). Both times I've zeroed, I've read the correction needed with the reticle, dialed it, and center punched the bullseye. A short little 100 - 250 and back has me right back on zero...these are hardly real tests though.

Glass is very good for what they are running. The magnification ring and parallax knob turn easy, but not too easy.

I would like to hear the elevation and windage adjustments more though. My Tenmile is about as loud as the old Leupold Mk 4s (not very audible). Also, the parallax is very shallow (unforgiving) at 30x. There isn't going to be a lot of 'set and forget' when running 400 - 800 yards etc...

For a target scope under $1300 or whatever they're running now whole supplies last...I don't think it is a bad option at all. I definitely wouldn't put it on a true tactical rifle though.

I have a 4.5-30 and like it a lot. Glass is excellent. Turrets/parallax/mag ring all feel identical to each other, very consistent which is really nice. The tooless zero stop is great, in fact that scope may have my favorite turrets. The 2nd focal reticle is excellent IMO if you're up for a 2nd focal scope. The FFP reticle has .2 mil windage dots on the tree but .5 mil on the main line which is kind of dumb to me. If they changed that reticle to .2 mil holds throughout, I think these would be a homerun for what they sell for.

I was planning to buy one of the Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 when I saw them briefly go down to $999 couple of months ago but decided a real bumper to bumper lifetime warranty mattered more to me and wondered if Trijicon is able to actually work on their scopes when their electronics/ reticle illumination fails past warranty and SIG has the same warranty and they do not intend to fix scopes or anything with electronics past their limited short term warranty.

If you're LE/Military the Athlon Cronus version 4.5-30x56 is $1050 at EV and has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticles.

The Trijicon Tenmile only have a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics/illuminated reticles and red dots from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase just like how SIG scopes 5 year scopes warranty with electronics and their rangefinders and rangefinder binoculars. If and when buying old stock, their warranty might already be expired.

Disregard if a real lifetime warranty doesn't matter to to you at all or if you know fir sure Trijicon actually repairs the scopes they sell outside of their 5 years warranty (which started ticking from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase).

If you don't qualify for EV to buy them for $1050 then Cameraland has open box demos of the Athlon Cronus BTR G2s for $1299.99. I would think price could be negotiable since it's been still there fir a couple months already maybe ask for a genuine Athlon Cronus 56mm sunshade and a set of flip up lens covers with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
I have the Tenmile HX 3-18. Can’t complain about it any. Turrets are more positive than the shv and eurooptic.com has some great deals on the trijicons right now for under $1000

Reactions: jmw
Also considering this same optic if it goes on sale anywhere later this year.

However, are there any other optics that are similar in terms of weight / performance / price?

Will be going on an AR platform. In order of importance:
- FFP reticle that usable low and high end - a lot of good options in similar scopes but most were SFP
- <25oz, ideally under 22oz - a lot of good options I've looked through in the 30-33oz range, but specifically want less weight here
- generous eye box - SWFA 3-15 met
- 2-3x low end, 12-18x high end - i.e. I do not want a 1-8 or -1-10 LPVO
- Mostly shooting paper + steel, but will occasionally use for hunting.
- Mil reticle preferred, but can work with MOA.
- Exposed elevation knob, windage knob can be either.

Can anyone that owns a Tenmile tell me if the reticle has a center focusing dot?
Received my ten mile 6-24 yesterday, red center dot. Dot illumination is awesome, only needing setting 7-8 out of 10 on a bright sunny day. The glass, quality is top tier. Europtics and scopelist list have these for a great price Right now. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Received my ten mile 6-24 yesterday, red center dot. Dot illumination is awesome, only needing setting 7-8 out of 10 on a bright sunny day. The glass, quality is top tier. Europtics and scopelist list have these for $648. Right now. Highly recommend.
Does it come with Tenebraex lens covers and a sunshade? How is the zero stop set on that one?

Yes, and an extra set of lenses covers and neoprene full Scope cover, and lense pen. Doesnt have zero stop but both windage and elevation have covers and the settings are tooless which is nice. Could not find an example anywhere of the reticle illumination but rest assured its perfect.

The extra lenses covers are just a simple cap. Love the tenebrex covers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scopeye
I was planning to buy one of the Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 when I saw them briefly go down to $999 couple of months ago but decided a real bumper to bumper lifetime warranty mattered more to me and wondered if Trijicon is able to actually work on their scopes when their electronics/ reticle illumination fails past warranty and SIG has the same warranty and they do not intend to fix scopes or anything with electronics past their limited short term warranty.

If you're LE/Military the Athlon Cronus version 4.5-30x56 is $1050 at EV and has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticles.

The Trijicon Tenmile only have a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics/illuminated reticles and red dots from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase just like how SIG scopes 5 year scopes warranty with electronics and their rangefinders and rangefinder binoculars. If and when buying old stock, their warranty might already be expired.

Disregard if a real lifetime warranty doesn't matter to to you at all or if you know fir sure Trijicon actually repairs the scopes they sell outside of their 5 years warranty (which started ticking from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase).

If you don't qualify for EV to buy them for $1050 then Cameraland has open box demos of the Athlon Cronus BTR G2s for $1299.99. I would think price could be negotiable since it's been still there fir a couple months already maybe ask for a genuine Athlon Cronus 56mm sunshade and a set of flip up lens covers with it.
All your posts shill for Athlon. How many free scopes have they sent you??

They are the new vortex, tons of features and a lifetime warranty. Woop dee doo. Standard casual user, larp in front of the mirror fare.

Go pull their fist out of your ass maybe. The guy was asking about Trijicon, an American defense company that builds quality products designed intentionally for hard use in all conditions.

Low class move to put the prices out there in clear violation of EV terms.

All your posts shill for Athlon. How many free scopes have they sent you??

They are the new vortex, tons of features and a lifetime warranty. Woop dee doo. Standard casual user, larp in front of the mirror fare.

Go pull their fist out of your ass maybe. The guy was asking about Trijicon, an American defense company that builds quality products designed intentionally for hard use in all conditions.
No free scopes received to date from any company and Athlon wouldn't exchange two of my shitty Argos scopes and I never recommend buying their Argos because I think their crap or even recommend wasting your money on even their Ares ETRs since they're still made in China and I really feel they are way overpriced. I only suggest certain models of scopes and only when they go on sale and always mentioned to never buy them at regular prices.

I only recommend their Midas Tac 6-24x50, Ares BTR G2 and Midas BTR G2 and Cronus BTR G2s only when they go on sale and never at regular prices.

Athlon's lifetime warranty isn't as good as Vortex since they won't cover intentional abuse more offer free round trip shipping.

If you really think I'm an Athlon shill wouldn't you think I'd recommend ALL of their models and push everyone to pay their regular prices and not only when they have the cheapest sale prices to save everyone money?

Some people appreciate getting informed on warranty specifics as well and don't know Trijicon only has a limited 5 year warranty on their electronics just like SIG from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase. If on the tail end past the limited electronics warranty, they won't be too surprised it wasn't fully lifetime which I often state.

Having a real Lifetime Warranty might not matter to some buyers who are welcomed to ignore my posts.

In fact you're quite welcomed to ignore all of my posts and if there's a snooze member function Please use it on me right now thank you. Much appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
Thread resurrection. Looking at the 4-24x50 SFP for a hunting rig for the ole man. How are the turrets?

Reactions: Estes640
Turrets work fine, they are not loud but you can feel the clicks just fine. Numbers stay lined up and from what I’ve seen with mine they track true . I like a second focal plane scope for hunting and I now own 5 of the tenmile scopes.

Reactions: 5RWill
Use code TSRS for $135 off Brings it to $903 +tax
Brings the 5-25x50 to like $885 after tax. Seems like an incredible deal.

Brings the 5-25x50 to like $885 after tax. Seems like an incredible deal.
I demoed that model once. Compared it to the XTRIII, Bushnell Elite XRSII. The only gripe I had was the parallax dial was smooth, but very narrow window on what was correct parallax. Could have been just that particular scope. I only sampled 1. Yes, that price is below dealer cost at a couple distributors. OP is running a great sale.

I demoed that model once. Compared it to the XTRIII, Bushnell Elite XRSII. The only gripe I had was the parallax dial was smooth, but very narrow window on what was correct parallax. Could have been just that particular scope. I only sampled 1. Yes, that price is below dealer cost at a couple distributors. OP is running a great sale.
Hell i caved. Hope the parallax isn’t too finicky. It’ll sit on my sako 85 260.

Reactions: FredHammer
Hell i caved. Hope the parallax isn’t too finicky. It’ll sit on my sako 85 260.
If it is, and bothers you enough, know that you can send that scope to Trijicon, they will pay the shipping both ways and have it back to you lightning fast. At least that was the case on my 2-10X36 Credo. It was a total 4 day turn around and I had a new replacement scope in hand. (It had the parallax issue on max mag that C_does showed on his Youtube channel) This replacement Credo balances out the parallax very good in this 2-10. (Good thing since there is no parallax adjustment dial)

Reactions: simonp and 5RWill
I own the Tenmile 3-18 and have it mounted on a 18" AR platform with WOA barrel. The glass is very good, the eyebox is decent and it works just fine. You can find them on sale for good prices every once in a while.

I consider them to be good value scopes for the $$.

Reactions: simonp
No zero stop.

The model I bought a couple years ago BECAUSE it was low capped turrets.
The easy pull and reset to zero turrets, but no stops.

It’s a manufacture’s failure to omit a zero stop. There’s rocket science going on inside these things, then it’s a complete shit out to not have a zero stop.

01A4D492-740B-4916-8189-7DBE00950D2A.gif

Well, shit. I have one in my cart, may still buy it. I really like the TenMiles.
i mean if you are fine with capped turrets and no zero stops its a helluva deal. i got the 3x18 ffp as i couldnt pass up the price. it was a little over 900 with the tsrs code that i think expired from opticsplanet. i got 2 sfp 4 x 24s already and kinda going back and forth over what i like better for hunting (sfp or ffp). going to sell whichever i don;t like.

i mean if you are fine with capped turrets and no zero stops its a helluva deal. i got the 3x18 ffp as i couldnt pass up the price. it was a little over 900 with the tsrs code that i think expired from opticsplanet. i got 2 sfp 4 x 24s already and kinda going back and forth over what i like better for hunting (sfp or ffp). going to sell whichever i don;t like.
I prefer capped turrets & SFP for hunting scopes.