• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Opinions on Tikka T3 Tactical

Red Mule

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2007
Texas Panhandle
I have been offered a chance to trade for a used T3 Tactical in .308. I did not measure the barrel but I think it is the 24" model. This rifle does not appear to have had a lot of hard use. The trade is for a 3 year old molly mule that is broken to ride or pack. I sold her brother last summer as a four year old for a grand, so the we are talking about a value of $ 1,000 give or take.

I don't really need another rifle to feed, but have heard and read a lot of good things about the Tikka T3 rifles. Anyone have any experience with them that they would like to share?

Re: Opinions on Tikka T3 Tactical

I shot my best group ever up until that time with my Tikka T3 Tactical. Our range is limited to 300 yards. But I shot a 3/4" group at 300 with it. That's 1/4" at 100 or less than .25MOA. That is really good for a factory rifle. The only rifle that shot better was a test target I shot for a rifle that I ended up selling (Just look at JR_V's gun it is that barreled action). The test target measured at .220" at 114 yards. That should be less than .20MOA. It was a custom remington barreled action that had a mike rock 5-r barrel on it.

Hope this helps,

Gene

they are really nice rifles. I think the Tikka will be cheaper to feed than the mule
wink.gif

Well maybe. The mules are really good at getting their own groceries and staying fat. I wish my brood mares were more self sufficient.

These seem like high quality rifles and I like the integral rail. I'm not sure about the polycarbonate magazines though. I think that I may ask for a test drive next week. I like the idea of the 1-11 twist and am curious what the difference will be to the 1-12 that I have.

I have a .223 T3 Super Varmint, same gun in stainless. Shoots extremely accurate with just about any decent ammo. Handloads are tach drivers, 1/4-1/2" no problem. Trigger adjusts nice and crisp, mag feeding and extracting is smooth as butter. All and all, very user friendly rifle.