• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions please, on one piece mounts for a Nightforce 1-8 ATACR that I bought.

Tackelbarry

Private
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2017
As the title states, I am looking for a one piece mount for the ATACR that I just purchased. I have a P.E.P.R. mount I can start with but saw people talking about different height mounts. I am looking for options, opinions, and what the different heights offer. Why one height might be better than another. Thanks in advance.

The Badger C1 1.7s are the way to go for LPVOs at this point. High enough to be more comfortable and make for easier sight acquisition, but low enough if you need a solid cheek weld.

Reactions: 1911hombre
What platform are you using ? AR15/M4 ?

We sell a lot of ATACR scopes with mounts. For the 1-8x on an AR platform, standard 1.5" height is recommended for eye box ease, if used in a tactical mode. Some prefer a shorter mount if they are shooting bench rest, and those with Night Vision or helmet will like to have 1.73" or even higher. But 1.5", give or take, is like 80% fit for most shooters.

You want a quality mount to go with such a great scope. The ones we pair with the most often are Geissele, Nightforce and Spuhr. Probably 35% Geissele, 25% Nightforce, 15% Spuhr, and then other mounts. Badger is popular, but pretty hard for us to keep in stock. The Condition One is popular with tactical shooter who also want to attach a red dot or RMR type. Nightforce has a RAP option, to put a top rail over the scope for laser and NV illumination.

Spuhr is overkill for this scope, but some people wear a tie to dinner -- except for heavy recoil rifles, like the Scar 17.

Here are pics of our ATACR scopes with mounts.

download - 2022-11-29T213044.121.png nightforce-rifle-scope-nightforce-atacr-1-8x-cqb-scope-with-geissele-mount-combo-3989726232648...jpg
You can see more here: ATACR 1-8x with mount combos

If we can help you select, send me a DM.

I just put my K16i in a Spuhr 1.89. I like it! I also have a 1.7 C1, some G's, a couple NF's and ADM. All work as advertised. All are well made. Get one of each.