• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions Please

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Here's my Quandary... I have a Yugo Under-folder AK with 2 30 rd mags and a 75 rd Drum mag. They're generally pretty cheaply made rifles but this one is a genuine shooter. (300yd 24"x24" gong every time... no problem) I really want an MSAR STG 556 but can't quite afford one without parting with something else and the AK is the only thing I would even consider. I'm afraid that by the time I save up the rest for the MSAR they'll be outrageously expensive or hard to find. Should I keep the AK and just wait to get the MSAR when I have the rest of the cash??? It looks like Yugo AK's are going for $700 to $900 without the 75 rd drum. Should I get rid of the AK now and get the MSAR??? What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
John

Re: Opinions Please

savvy what you figure the least expensive to shoot

if accuracy means anything to you you will have your answer....

Well, the AK is by far the cheapest to shoot... right now at least. The accuracy of that particular AK is pretty astounding. I'd probably be hard-pressed to find another as accurate.

How is the accuracy on those MSAR's?

Anybody got a lot of trigger time behind one?

I'm leaning toward keeping the AK and scrounging up the funds for the MSAR... ASAP.

Well, the AK is by far the cheapest to shoot... right now at least. The accuracy of that particular AK is pretty astounding. I'd probably be hard-pressed to find another as accurate.

Keep that AK!! If its that accurante you aint going to find one that will shoot like that. Just wait and save then buy that MSAR.

Now is not the time to sell a rifle that has been labelled an "assault rifle". If this ban goes through and you wait to sell in a couple of years that AK will be a $3,000 rifle.

I really appreciate the input! The AK stays! I'll just try to pull the funds together for the MSAR as quickly as I can. Who knows... Maybe I'll opt for the FS2000 instead. I had been tossing that around too but the MSAR's are a little less expensive... and built around a Proven design. Thanks again guys!

This is what credit cards are for.
wink.gif