• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions please

Radman1

Radman
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Radical Firearms...yay or nay ?
I am considering the 10.5" AR pistol. It runs in the $500 range.

Radical Firearms is hot garbage.
I don’t think that you are going to find anything in the $500 range that’s worth a shit.

Well you know what they say about opinions...they are just like A--holes every one has one. And this is what I was fishing for. 👍 knowledge.

I think your opinions are going to vary widely, but the underlying unified answer you will receive will sound like this.

1: You may get a gun that functions well, shoots well, and overall fits your desire in a gun.

2: You may get a gun that doesn’t function swell, shoot well, or make you happy.

3: You may get any combination in between #1 and #2. The answer you have to be ok with is, will I be ok with what I got or be able to fix what needs to be fixed to be happy.

My Dad bought one. I thought it would be a pile but it's pretty much like every other sub $800 AR out there. Goes bang, no malfunctions. I doubt he'll shoot more than 100 rounds a year, so it'll probably last him a lifetime.

Reactions: strikeeagle1
FWIW I have a Radical Firearms 10.5" quad-rail pistol. I bought it from Primary Arms maybe 4-5 years ago. When I got it the headspace was too tight and I was pulling bullets. Sent it back to PA and got it returned to me in about three weeks. Headspace checked good. Shoots like a dream ever since. I did replace the BCG with a Toolcraft NIB BCG and threw a Larue trigger in it along with a KX3 Pig. Have not had any malfunctions since the headspacing got straightened out. YMMV. I also have a DD Mk 18 and neither one outshoots the other as far as accuracy or reliability YET. I would, of course, grab the Mk 18 if it was show time.

Stay the fuck away from Radical Firearms. My brother purchased his first AR from this company. He didn't know shit about AR's back then, and so he called me when he discovered aluminum shavings coming out of the chamber. I went by and opened the rifle up, it was a fucking fiesta! Aluminum confetti flying everywhere.

They were then awesome enough to tell him that the BCG rubbing against the inner wall of the upper was "normal break-in." I shit you not. When he called bullshit, they made him pay for the shipping back to them. They sent it back, claimed it was "fixed." Turns out, they didn't do anything. Still got shavings, they were just less, which was because we were "breaking it in," giving that BCG enough clearance to run! LMAO!!

When he demanded a refund, they fought him a little bit, but ended up making him pay to ship the shit box back to them, and they finally gave him a refund.

TL;DR rifle was shit, customer service was worse, buy a Palmetto State or Anderson rifle if you have a limited budget.

If you're looking at budget ARs...Diamondback.
I'd actually roll the dice with one of those before picking up a Springfield.

As it is, I build and spend $ on quality components over time.

I wouldn't recommend a Radical Firearms AR.
As I frequently read on the internet, and as seen in this thread, They are a "crap shoot"... some are fine, some aren't.

Their QC seems lackadaisical at best.

On a side note ...Anyone know why RF says this ?

"*ATTENTION* DO NOT use Remington UMC ammo in any of our firearms! "

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
I wouldn't recommend a Radical Firearms AR.
As I frequently read on the internet, and as seen in this thread, They are a "crap shoot"... some are fine, some aren't.

Their QC seems lackadaisical at best.

On a side note ...Anyone know why RF says this ?

"*ATTENTION* DO NOT use Remington UMC ammo in any of our firearms! "
Probably because it won't break them in right!

In all seriousness, UMC is known to not be as good of a factory ammo option. The fact that RF's quality is on obvious shaky ground already; the combination of ammo that may not be sized/loaded adequately and their already-shitty products equals a disaster.

They'd love to charge you to ship their garbage back and forth multiple times. I figure that's where they make most of their profit, it's in the shipping! LMAO!!

Probably because it won't break them in right!

In all seriousness, UMC is known to not be as good of a factory ammo option. The fact that RF's quality is on obvious shaky ground already; the combination of ammo that may not be sized/loaded adequately and their already-shitty products equals a disaster.

They'd love to charge you to ship their garbage back and forth multiple times. I figure that's where they make most of their profit, it's in the shipping! LMAO!!
I hadn't considered the low power aspect of the UMC . It has been quite a while since I bought any UMC .223, and the old stuff was very low powered.

Thanks

Edit to add.... Now that I think about it, my first 300BK rounds were from a UMC "bucket" of bullets... the first one fired, just fizzled... sideways primer.
The 3rd round was also sideways inserted. ( un-fired. )
The bucket of ammo 120gr, was purchased months before the Rem. closing announcement.