• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions Wanted on the Bushnell Elite Tactical G2 FFP Reticle Riflescope, 3.5-21x50mm

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I am thinking of getting this scope for on of my 308 AR's. My brother has the 3200 Elite and I like it a lot. So I thought perhaps this would be a good choice rather than another NightForce. The only negative I came up with was it is non illuminated which I never use. Ant opinions pro or con would be appreciated.
    TIA

Bought the GZA (FDE) version of the ERS (this is the model with zero stop & 10mil turrets) for my 260 Imp 30* bolt rifle. First Bushnell scope purchase, also 1st FFP mil/mil scope I've owned. Glass is pretty good - perhaps better than the SIII Sightrons I'm used to shooting with. Like the G2DMR reticle, locking knobs, and the mechanical zero stop. Only thing I'd change would be those huge knobs - too bad they're not as small as the ones on the new Gen II Vortex Razors. Am really looking forward to shooting it in steel/practical matches this coming season.

As far as mounting one on an AR10 - it's bound to look huge/oversized until you get used to it; once you're over that, I'd bet you're gonna like it.

Buy it. I run the XRS and the HDMR on my 260 comp guns. The DMR is IMO the best optic you can get for the $$$. Glass is really good, knobs are big, which I like. Lifetime warranty, G2 reticle, good mag range, huge space between clicks. I shoot all Bushnell optics and love them. Call Scott at Liberty Optics.....he's running a special on the Bushnell's.

Buy it - great value for the $$. While I don't think it is better build than my Nightforce, the glass seems like it is certainly on par. In a side by side comparison with a Vortex Viper FFP 6-24x50, I think it outshines it in internal, glass, and turrets. The Vortex may have it in design though.

I got one of the older dmr with the g2. No zero stop. I like it. Seems to track well and acceptable glass for the price n

I need to pick an ERS or HDMR up sometime in the future. Caught an awesome deal on a mark 6 from Scott. How is the glass of the HDMR/ERS compared to the mark 6 or a USO SN-3/LR-17? I have a SN-3 and mark 6 and they're pretty similar if not the same glass wise to my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ERS w/ 10 mil turrets and 0 stop is comparable to the vortex razor HD not the viper.

The ERS 3.5-21 (GZ and GZA) have fantastic glass and you will not be disappointed. The turrets are huge but built solid. As a poster said it would look large on an AR.

The older HDMRs with the 5 mill turrets are inexpensive due to the newer models that came out (GZ and GZA). I believe you can get the old HDMRs for around $1000 give or take.