• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions Wanted On Vortex Viper Gen 2 5-25X50 PST

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    I'm in need of another scope for my Wilson Combat AR. I've been looking into several scopes the 2 i'm considering are the Burris XTR3 and the Vortex Viper 5-25X50 FFP. I am leaning toward the VV I really like their new EBR-7C MRAD reticle and of course the warranty. I've had 2 1st gen PST's and both have been flawless. What say you?

The XTR3 is a nicer optic in pretty much every category.

The Burris was a solid choice and tough competition for its peers at $1700. At $1100 at is nicer than anything in its price point.

Reactions: Gohring65
    Its one of the best options in the <$1000 range. Glass is very good and I like the EBR-7c reticle. Definitely recommend it.

I have three gen1 6-24 pst's and they've all been replaced by vortex. One of them went back early on for a parallax issue and was fixed by vortex under warranty. That scope was eventually replaced under warranty. Scopes were anywhere from 5-10 years old. Two were warrantied for black spots in the glass and one filled up with water after being left out in the rain. They all tracked and performed well throughout their lives though.

The strike eagle 5-25 is what the pst Gen 2 should have been. There’s not enough glass quality separation to justify more money for the pst2.

Reactions: Bluedog82