• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opps......................I did it again

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
Trued Remington 700 SARH
Over Sized Recoil Lug
Bolt Knob Mod
Badger 20 MOA Rail
Badger Rings
M5 DBM with AI 5 Rd. Mag
A5 in Woodland w/Adj. Cheek, Spacer Sys. & Flush Cups
All Metal in KG OD
Threaded 5/8x24 Class 2A UNEF Muzzle
Threaded 5/8x24 Class 2B UNEF Cap
Rock 5R MTU finishsed at 24"
Chambered in .308 Win Match (Bisley)

n69uaa.jpg

swutye.jpg

auupf5.jpg

r93j2t.jpg

14y4yfn.jpg

2j65q81.jpg

eitph4.jpg

Re: Opps......................I did it again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hah! Caught the seam on this one!!
laugh.gif

Joos been busy mang! </div></div>

Yea, I just wiped it down and snaped the pics. I didnt try to hide it this time
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunbroker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rifle!! Who did the thread cap? </div></div>

I think he bought it pre-made from Cabelas.......
smile.gif

Great looking rifle, bet there's about to be one happy owner!

Kicken myself in the a$$ for buying that Sendero! Nice lookin work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those Badger rings?

That is a beautiful weapon. Wish I had the $$$$$. </div></div>

They look like TPS rings jimmy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those Badger rings?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look like TPS rings jimmy. </div></div>

He said they are "mil-spec". WTF does that mean, I guess that means they are badd ass? Why not just tell us what they are. They look like Badgers to me...

Damnit William quit showing every body your work. you're gonna end up with a 6-8 month back log by the time I get around to sendin a rifle your way!!!

99...........Gee welcome to the Hide.

Perhaps before you detonate you might consider filling your information out. That or we put you in touch with CKA?

And now back to the rifle at hand.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy2Times</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are those Badger rings?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They look like TPS rings jimmy. </div></div>

He said they are "mil-spec". WTF does that mean, I guess that means they are badd ass? Why not just tell us what they are. They look like Badgers to me... </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Yes, Mil Spec means they're extra bad ass.</span>

A United States Defense Standard, often called a military standard, "MIL-STD", "MIL-SPEC", or (informally) "MilSpecs", is used to help achieve standardization objectives by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Standardization is beneficial in achieving interoperability, ensuring products meet certain requirements, commonality, reliability, total cost of ownership, compatibility with logistics systems, and similar defense-related objectives [1].

Defense Standards are also used by other non-Defense government organizations, technical organizations, and industry. This article discusses definitions, history, and usage of Defense Standards. Related documents, such as Defense Handbooks and Defense Specifications are also addressed.

Basiclly, Mil Spec is any ring that meets the Military Specification for the 1913 style Rings & Base. Badger, TPS, NF etc. The rings and base in the photo are Badger.............................there, my secret's out
wink.gif

Im just bustin balls, I know what mil-spec means and I knew they are Badgers. Good thing I didnt refer to the mall nija spec.
smile.gif
Very nice rifle indeed. Oh, about my info? Na, why fill it out? Ive been around here for a while now. Dont do much posting....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunbroker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rifle!! <span style="font-weight: bold">Who did the thread cap?</span> </div></div>

My mom and sister worked on it together, I think they did a great job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kicken myself in the a$$ for buying that Sendero! Nice lookin work. </div></div>

I tried to tell you.

Byem books and sendem to school and all they wanna do is eat the teacher.

To set the record straight MIL-STD-1913 is for Dimensioning of Accessory Mounting Rails for Small Arms. It does not tell you how to mount accessories on the rail. It only gives the dimension of the rail for you to work out how you want to attach to it. It does not tell what to make the rail from, how to attach it to small arms or what color to make it.

Alan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJ Brown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To set the record straight MIL-STD-1913 is for Dimensioning of Accessory Mounting Rails for Small Arms. It does not tell you how to mount accessories on the rail. It only gives the dimension of the rail for you to work out how you want to attach to it. It does not tell what to make the rail from, how to attach it to small arms or what color to make it.

Alan </div></div>

Were on the same page. Mil-Spec rings will fit Mil-Spec bases be it TPS, Badger, NF, Leupold etc. Thanks for chiming in AJ, your knowledge and input is always welcome.

Different page! There is no MIL-STD for rings. There is a standard for the rail dimensions. How you make your device attach is up to you. This is one of my pet peeves, just like National Match M16 parts. William this is not personal, this post was just a good lead in.

Alan

No problem AJ. I changed my original post from Mil Spec Rings to Badger Rings, don’t want to give someone the wrong idea or impression.

Now................where did I put those National Match M16 parts?
wink.gif

MilBadger rings.

Great looking rifle. Attention to detail is, to me, the mark of a great gunsmith. You have it in spades my friend.

Damn nice work, William.

I picture you getting busier and busier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if only i had some $$$ to spend! </div></div>

Tell it brother......tell it.