• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opps....

Nodakplowboy

Going Forward
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 4, 2017
    Working up a load for the 6BR, it's going well. Last little tweak is a powder charge weight. So, last night loaded 20 rounds, maybe a tad to late and a bit to tired. Made a early AM range trip to check the load. Got all set up, chambered round #1, pulled the trigger...click.
    20200524_074904.jpg

Opps, looks like one step in the process was overlooked. At least it's only a 3 mile drive to the range, try again tomorrow.

Sigh.....a mind is a terrible thing to lose. Sure am glad nobody else has ever done this, right?

I haven't done that with a rifle YET. Now pistol on a progressive...not even going there right now.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
    If you are going to have an "opps" thats the kind to have! A little bit of a mess and a little embarrassment is better then personal injury or damage to a rifle.

Not to beat up on you, after all you had the guts to post this, but did you learn from this? I've been cramped for time and exhausted many times so I do understand. Maybe change your procedures so that unprimed cases sit in the block primer up and primed cases sit primer down?

Maybe change your procedures so that unprimed cases sit in the block primer up and primed cases sit primer down?
    This.

I use ammo cases and unprimed brass to be loaded is always upside down until it has powder. I can be scatter brained and this works for me.

Reactions: NH4X
    I did have my first case ever that I failed to powder last week though, the last one of the batch.
    I lasted many yrs till I finally did that. Had 2 in one ammo box. Smart me, I came home, pulled the bullets,, retensioned necks and reloaded them w/o decapping the fired primer, back out the next day for more failure.

• Haha
    Reactions: spife7980
    Guilty also,but caught it on powder dump/fill,never left loading bench. Using a loading block, the answer is above. I sometimes use two small buckets or tupper ware to keep primed and unprimed seperate.