• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ops Inc 12th question

Hookman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2005
Franklin, TN.
I'm looking at getting the 12th model for my Mk12 Mod1 and was if wondering if anyone is running it on a 16" barrel with a collar and brake? I'd like to setup a 16" barrel AR with the same suppressor.

Re: Ops Inc 12th queation

I run mine on a High Caliber Sales MK12 upper..... runs like a top.

High Caliber Sales is now selling a 16in recce rifle - cut down version of their MK12 barrel complete with OP's collar profile.

Thanks guys, I am going to look into ordering a 16' Mid Length gas tube barrel from High Caliber Sales with a collar and brake attached.

Just called and spoke with Kevin at HCS..He was very friendly and gave me the information I needed. It should arrive just in time for Christmas.

I run my 12 th on everything from 12.5" bbl to 20" with no problems....great all around can

Kevin should be able to help you out with it. If not, call me and I'll help you with special barrel fittings.

RonA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RonA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin should be able to help you out with it. If not, call me and I'll help you with special barrel fittings.

RonA </div></div>

Hey Ron, how about a one piece brake and collar assembly similar to what AAC and Surefire have done with their long slip over barrel type mounts. I've been kicking around a 12th model for my MK12 but would like to get multiple use out of any can I buy. A one piece mount would sure make things easier.

Re: Ops Inc 12th question

I am running the same 12th Model on a MK12 setup and also on a 14.5" M4 profile with the brake pinned/welded to make the barrel 16.1" with the brake on.

The setup with the 12th Model on an M4 is a bit nose-heavy (hence the 15th and 16th Models) but it is pretty nimble on target-to-target transitions with a bit of practice and the recoil reduction keeps things on target out to 50 yards on semi-auto extremely well.

Pics up soon.

I appreciate the info guys. I have a WOA 16" barrel coming and I'll need to send it off to machine the stop, install the Ops Inc collar and brake. I was thinking of going with a 12.5" but I think the 12th model would be a bit too long overall.

Would love to see pics of the setup on the shorter barrels.

IMG_20121208_130902_331.jpg

IMG_20121208_130828_215.jpg

IMG_20121208_130956_244.jpg

IMG_20121208_131006_949.jpg

By the way, if you are pinning/welding a brake to your barrel, it is done in the area of the suppressor threads. Make sure you use a VERY good welder and chase the threads afterwards.

This would have been much better if it were a 1-piece design, then the pin/weld would have been done in the area between the threads and the taper at the rear of the collar. Of course, the ID would have to accomodate the crush washer.

Nuke - whats the story on that M4 collar? Haven't seen one like that before.

Ron can make you a slip on collar sleeve for any barrel just gotta email him the dimension specs of your barrel. I had a 16 inch "m4 contour" stripped barrel from a gunshow cheap, dude didn't even know the maker and no markings on it. I built a bargain Frankenstein m4 blaster gun with it. It shot damn fine for a blaster and tried to use a colt m4 collar and it wouldn't fit. Called ronAllen and shot him a diagram of the specs and after a reply email saying "whoever made that barrel is a retard" (Ron's words were much nicer) he made me a custom collar and I it works like a champ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locobob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nuke - whats the story on that M4 collar? Haven't seen one like that before. </div></div>

It is an M4 profile collar straight from Ops Inc. That is a DelTon 14.5" chrome lined barrel, and it fir perfectly. I had Dave Wells pin/weld the brake on the barrel with the collar so that it was 16.1" (measured with a cleaning rod to the bolt face)

Here is a pinned and welded Ops Inc brake. Its on a 14.5" barrel. No need to chase threads.
8EA337E8-FAFD-434C-9D36-A5F8BE3049D3-5748-000009BAA01DDDE3.jpg

13DB82E0-9CD2-49F5-A565-F3BD55328B24-5748-000009BAB2B48341.jpg

Anyone run a 12th model on their bolt action rifle? I assume that you will need to have the barrel contoured and brake attached to your bolt action as well?

I'm looking for a dedicated .223 suppressor and would like to swap it out between my AR's and bolt action rifles. I am not feeling a brake on my bolt actions at this time though.

I really like the 12th model to complete a MK12 but maybe just a simple thread on like a TBAC 223P would work for all?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iyaoyas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone run a 12th model on their bolt action rifle? I assume that you will need to have the barrel contoured and brake attached to your bolt action as well?

I'm looking for a dedicated .223 suppressor and would like to swap it out between my AR's and bolt action rifles. I am not feeling a brake on my bolt actions at this time though.

I really like the 12th model to complete a MK12 but maybe just a simple thread on like a TBAC 223P would work for all?

</div></div>
Here's a couple of bolt guns I contoured for the 12th model. Both are for the 30 cal. model but the contour is the same. If you plan to do this, the diameter at the shoulder should be at least .920"
D9AA1E8B-6A1E-43C6-93F9-9EC5AA7E445E-2165-00000594FE0EA432.jpg

78201BAB-D64A-4B82-A86C-4BE62D560382-2165-000005959B944529.jpg

0485665A-29F6-4A37-9D78-470193EC6722-12586-000019A29A1F15D9.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iyaoyas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone run a 12th model on their bolt action rifle? I assume that you will need to have the barrel contoured and brake attached to your bolt action as well?

</div></div>

Look at the Remington 700 Urban Sniper Rifle on the Remington Military website. That has a 12th Model brake on a Varmint weight barrel with a collar. It only comes in .308 but that is the concept.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey JB, in that second pic there's a sweet bike, specs? </div></div>
26" chrome lined LMT rims wearing Magpul ICSs (improved combat tires),1in7" gear ratio, Ergogrip handle bars, and to top it off a custom one of a kind paracleat tactical seat cover. uh, sorry wrong forum...