• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors OPS Inc M4-S

Re: OPS Inc M4-S

It's a little strange that Ops Inc doesn't have it on their sight, but I like the idea of taking the edge off the .223 without adding a lot of length to the barrel.

But taming that Diplomat barrel recoil, this could have a ultra advantage and sound reduction. I'm just worried about the cycling rate on the full auto.

Anyone have any of these on an SBR?

ADCO probably has video of it. They do endurance testing with new stuff, they are not bias.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: general_purpose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says it's a suppressor, but at $215, it's pretty competitively priced </div></div>

Yes, ... but be aware that you need to add another <span style="font-weight: bold">$200</span> for that super-neato BATF tax stamp and, as Bachelor Jack noted, there's another <span style="font-weight: bold">$100</span> or so for barrel mounting/profiling/collaring and/or threading work.

I've got OPS's 3rd model suppressor (<span style="font-style: italic">love</span> it - great can) for my .30cals, but there's more cumulative cost involved than just what you're paying for the can itself.

Also, when you consider that it's only gonna trim 10-15dB of muzzle blast (ie, still nowhere near hearing safe) I consider the M4S to be a very "niche-oriented" product. If you routinely kick down doors and clear houses with an SBR and need a silencer with absolute minimum size and weight, with noise reduction as a distant concern, it makes sense. Otherwise I think it would be tough to justify a transfer tax for an extremely loud silencer.

I think its based sort of on the same idea as the flaming pig or whatever Noveske calls their little can thing , not realy to "silence" the thing but to bring the blast to a half ass tolerable level and bring the blast over pressure to that of a longer barreled weapon. I know that their is a big differance when shooting in a room with a 16" barreled AR and a 10.5" one other than the size , the noise realy isin't that big of a concern as the concusion is.
I have a buddy that uses a M1A Socom II as his patrole/entry weapon and that 16" barrel from a 308 in a 12x12 room will rock your ass bad even with plugs and muffs , way more than a 10.5" AR and the 10.5" AR's is very noticable