• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic advice for LMT 308MWS-Vortex Gen 2 1-6?!..

SloaneRanger74

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2021
TN
Hello, All.
Noob here with1st post.
The Thread title did not flag this as a "Dupe/Redundant" post as I was creating it, but have been following the forums here for 6 mos or so before posting and I have seen similar threads re: the LMT 308MWS/SR25 and optic choices, but all subjectively a little bit different due to desired use/budget etc.

Here is my scenario/desired use
  • What is the platform for the scope? LMT 308 MWS--2010 variant full Picatinny upper 16" Barrel
  • What cartridge are you shooting? Federal Gold Cup Match 168 BTHP primarily and some M80 for practice/plinking.
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Heavier caliber DMR type rifle to sub in for my AR15's if needed. Maybe some longer (to me) range steel (600YDS +/-)
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? This would be a Hypothetical EOW/SHTF scenario needing a Heavier caliber DMR type rifle for use through barriers etc, but with the ability to be carried as a stand alone platform that could serve as a fieldable Battle Rifle for closer engagement as well. (I realize from my time observing here that this is compromise). Don't have NV or know how much night time usage.
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 10-600 YDS
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? Obviously from the title I am looking at an LVPO-specifically the Gen 2 razor 1-6. (Have one on my LWRC IC in 5.56) but am also looking at the NF NX8 1-8 (ATACR is out of my budget at this time). Also read on here that many go with a 2.5-10 or a 3-15 power scope (was thinking 2.5-10 NF SHV but not sure how 'durable it may be) would run with a 45* mount RMR (I have 2 RMRs on my Glocks) if I go non LPVO to a higher mag scope (I know it would add $600 to budget)
  • What is the price range you can afford? Looking to keep the $$ to around $1500 range for the scope.

Thanks for viewing. Regards..