• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic choice- NX8, Vudu, other?

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Sorry for my rambling, but trying to figure out some options. My comp rifle has an Atacr with MIL XT. My hunting rifle has an NX8 with MIL XT.

I am thinking about getting a different optic for my 22 Trainer. Any one using the NX8 for this? I am also considering an Eotech Vudu. They come in Horus and Tremor Reticles. I really like the scope. It has marginally better glass than the NX8. I assume the NX8 will have enough turret travel.

Not really wanting to spend ATACR money for my trainer. What do y’all think?

I have a Leica PRS as well on another rifle. It has better glass than all 3. I have never used it as a comp rifle and just sits on my mountain rifle and doubles as a spotting scope. But never tested the turrets for accuracy.

Wanting to stay under $2k.

Eotech Vudu 5-25 in Horus or Tremor?
NX8 4-32 MILXT?
Other Option?

For those that use multiple reticles. Does it confuse you switching? Should I stick with the MIL XT and buy a used ATACR or NX8?

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you really want to do

The NX8 works great for me

Atacr 525 on here for around $2000

If your a glass whore or want to try something different. , minox same deal

I have been very impressed with the XTR3 both the 3-18 & 5.5-30. I could buy any scope I want and have owned most of them. While there is a definite difference in these and the “super scopes” for the money I can not justify the price difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I have been very impressed with the XTR3 both the 3-18 & 5.5-30. I could buy any scope I want and have owned most of them. While there is a definite difference in these and the “super scopes” for the money I can not justify the price difference.
I agree with JBell, no surprise there but I have the XTR Pro and it’s is awesome for the money. I went with it because the reticle to me is closest to the Mil-XT..and the XTR3 is an even better bang for the buck and has the same reticle. If I can find a Greenly made one in the px I will jump on it. I will say, you better have man hands, you will find out why the first time you snatch up that turret. The knurling bothers some and some it doesn’t.

pardon my ignorance who makes the XTR Pro

pardon my ignorance who makes the XTR Pro
The Burris XTR Pro 5.5-30x56 is definitely worth a look. Has excellent glass and the speed dial is a nice feature. Also tooless zeroing ,a capped windage knob and 26 mils of elevation so plenty to reach to 400+ on the right base. If you plan to get one then go with Scott @LibertyOptics as he has the best price on them. If you wanted to spend less the Burris XTRIIIi is also worth a look.

Here's a pic of the Burris Pro on my centerfire but I just ordered a second yesterday from Scott.

IMG_3095(1).jpg

As for using different reticles, it's not a problem for me. They are all mil based and labeled so a hold is a hold. I was at the range Saturday with a Tract Toric ELR, Burris Pro and a Bushnell XRS3 and all had different reticles but no issues going between all.

I just picked up the NX8 in 4-32x50 Mil-XT and sighted in the gun today. Was a little hesitant on buying the NX8 after owning the 1-8 and knowing its shortcomings, but didn’t want a 40 OZ ATACR on this build. I have the 1-8 ATCR on a 14.5” AR and that gun is a load, but otherwise the ATACR checks all the boxes. The 4-32 NX8 is better than I expected and I have no complaints. Lighter weight, comparable glass to the ATACR and tracks perfectly. I had no issues with a tight eye box all the way up to 32X. It’s nice and bought it new for less than 2K all in with shipping.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I just picked up the NX8 in 4-32x50 Mil-XT and sighted in the gun today. Was a little hesitant on buying the NX8 after owning the 1-8 and knowing its shortcomings, but didn’t want a 40 OZ ATACR on this build. I have the 1-8 ATCR on a 14.5” AR and that gun is a load, but otherwise the ATACR checks all the boxes. The 4-32 NX8 is better than I expected and I have no complaints. Lighter weight, comparable glass to the ATACR and tracks perfectly. I had no issues with a tight eye box all the way up to 32X. It’s nice and bought it new for less than 2K all in with shipping.
I have a NX-8 on my air gun and I really like it as well. No issues here and I think a pretty decent scope for the money. I have a ATACR 7-35 on my 22 and it’s nice having the same reticle on both. Thought about even getting a ATACR on my AI but I have used the same SB for so long i am like why bother.