• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic for Wife’s rifle

deadly0311

Tacticool Ninja
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I’ll preface this post by saying she currently has an ATACR 4-16x42. Her rifle will get shot 5-6 times a year, mostly hunting situations but she’ll shoot a couple matches with me throughout the year. I’m leaning heavily towards the Nightforce NX8 4-32 Mil C.

Her wants/must haves:
Mil/Mil
Lighter weight
At least 25 power on the top end

Is there anything out there around that NX8 price range and performance that I’m not thinking of?

Eyebox sensative, parallax constantly needs tweaked, I don't see the nx8 as a good prs scope, at all. I own a few so I'm speaking theoretically. The mk5hd 5-25 is a good scope, trijicon temmile, cronus btr, ares etr, xtr3, all good choices with more forgiveness.

Reactions: st1650
Kahles K525i or K624i gets my vote. She will be blown away by the glass quality. Unfortunately, for your wallet...She'll want more of these scopes, and so will you. 😂 Once you go Kahles, it's hard to go back... I still rock an old capped-turret Kahles Helia KX 3.5-10x50 4D-Dot 1" tube on my main deer rifle. It's super light, super clear, super crisp, and the glass won't be beat.

Leupold Mark 5 5x25x56.

I’ve got the itch to grab one of these, I like the look of the PR2-mil reticle, simple uncluttered tree. I just ordered a MK5 3.6-18x44 to throw on top of my MK12 Mod 0, if the glass is good a 5-25 or 7-35 is next.

OP, if you end up looking at the Leupold’s check out Liberty Optics, they gave me a smoking price on the MK5 I picked up.