• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes optic mount options for LaRue OBR?

supernt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
VA & SoCal
I just got my LaRue OBR, but the height of the LT-111 mount is too high for a good cheek weld. The height of the LT-111 is 1.535".

An LT-104 is only marginally lower @ 1.5"

I wanted to stick with a LaRue 1 piece mount, but I guess I need to look elsewhere. I would, however, like to use a 1 piece mount.

The Nightforce unimounts look nice, but they have a built in 20moa cant. The LaRue OBR has a built in 20moa cant, so this would put me @ 40. Too much?

Any suggestions?

Re: optic mount options for LaRue OBR?

I picked up a Near alphamount.Its 1.1 high and should work perfect for a good cheek weld.I dont know for sure because I dont have my rifle yet.Hope this helps,This is why Im thinking about canceling my order

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Near alphamount.Its 1.1 high and should work perfect for a good cheek weld.I dont know for sure because I dont have my rifle yet.Hope this helps,This is why Im thinking about canceling my order </div></div>

How much was the alphamount?

One of the guys over on the LT forum at ARFcom (808state) has a OBR, REPR, and an LR308 IIRC. He has put a few different mounts on his OBr and it appears his current setup, although odd is the lowest he can go and maintain a good sight picture with his EMOD, while maintaining his BUIS installed.
Check out this thread pg 4 and 5, his setups are pretty slick.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=182391&page=4

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: livetohunt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked up a Near alphamount.Its 1.1 high and should work perfect for a good cheek weld.I dont know for sure because I dont have my rifle yet.Hope this helps,This is why Im thinking about canceling my order </div></div>

Is there any forward cant built into the alphamount?