• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic Recommendation For 6.5 PRC Build....!

afine10

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2012
Putting together a 6.5 PRC and am on the fence with a few optics (and reticles). Looking at a Leupold MK5 HD 5-25x56 with H59, a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 with EBR-7C, and NF ATACR 5-25x56 F1 with MIL-XT (if I find a deal). Weight is not really the issue, truly looking to buy the better optic the first time. Absolutely open to other suggestions for the optic and reticle, as well!

The rifle is an Impact 737R action, Proof Carbon 24” barrel, TriggerTech Diamond, Foundation stock (stuck between MG2 and Centurion), will purchase Spuhr Mount. This will mostly be used between Texas (home) and NC (current home) for longer range shooting (~1000 yd), some hunting, getting into matches, and just all around a go-to/do-all rifle.

I appreciate any and all recommendations!

Cheers,
Austin

@afine10 If you are open to suggestions, take a look at our ZC527 rifle scope. Very comprehensive feature set, great reticle selection, and all the high end performance you can ask for. Price isn't too far out from the NF you are considering. Doesn't hurt to look.

The razor should serve you well but if I was building that rifle, I'd look at ATACR either in 7-35 or 5-25. If you want to step down in budget a bit, the mark 5 would be something else I consider. Mag range would be 7-35 or 5-25, whatever you think fits best your style of shooting...

Sounds like a great build!

I would do the following if it were my own:

NX8 in -32x, ATACR -16x 50mm, NXS -15x 50mm

OR

DMR2 Pro, XRS, DMR2

I have shot behind a few Razors and AMG and can't get comfortable behind them but I would not discount them.

My current battery wear some of those I have listed above since they fit my needs and my eyes.

Good luck!

its all up to you I have to ask are you cutting weight on the barrel cause you want to shoulder it ? other wise if used on a bench or prone Id go heavy not light mtu or non tapered uncut just to add as much weight as you could and yea the razor is nice but not at 2k when you could get so much more for less money . But that's totally up to you good luck with your rifle build it sounds like your going to have a lot of fun with it .

I’ll take a look at the ZC optics, too. Do they have any kind of discount programs available?

ZCO had a deal going where a spuhr mount was included. Not sure if that's still active. I have a 527 and love it. Generally they don't get discounted much as they are already $1k cheaper than others in their class.

Is there much optical difference between the Leupold and the Vortex?

The ZC527 looks great; that’s little steep price-wise right now and I’d like to get my hands on one before I commit that to it. Is there anywhere in NC that carries them?

I appreciate the feedback.

Is there much optical difference between the Leupold and the Vortex?

The ZC527 looks great; that’s little steep price-wise right now and I’d like to get my hands on one before I commit that to it. Is there anywhere in NC that carries them?

I appreciate the feedback.
I haven’t seen all of the newer vortex stuff but I think the new leupold scopes glass wise are pretty good bang for the buck especially in low light

It's definitely worth going somewhere that you can get your hands on them. I put the kahles, NF, and ZCO next to each other and spent some time looking through them at various distances. The zco looked best to my eyes. I'm in a different state and don't know who might have them in NC. I'm sure zco could tell you.

I handled the mk5 7-35 at Cabelas. Really nice setup and suprisingly lightweight.

Reactions: BikePilot
Everything I am reading about the ZC527 is outstanding, and now I'm thinking I'm getting moderate glass with the Mk5HD and/or Vortex...! If i jump to the Nightforce, I'll go ahead and order the ZCO.

I'd consider ditching the cf barrel on that (heavy) setup, which offers arguably nothing over a steel barrel other than weight savings.
Use the cost savings (could easily be $400)towards the better glass.

Reactions: B-P-UU