• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic suggestions?

Corse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
I am in need of a new optic for my 6.5creedmoor bolt gun and I wanted something in the 5-25x range. I was trying to find something with a tree style reticle and illumination. I narrowed it down to the MK5HD and Leica PRS. I was also considering the NF ATACR, but it is over my $2,000 budget, even with a mil discount. What would be the best optic?

I like the MK5HD, if I didn’t get a smoking deal on a gen2 razor I was going to pick one up.

Give Doug a call. He just delivered a new Mark5 5-25TMR to me. What a fabulous deal on a great scope:love:
Cheaper than the Leica, but then I don’t need a lit reticle.

Well, scopes are pretty personal. In the 5-25x, I would always say, look at NF ATACR or S&B PM-II. But, it is not my money. :cool: I would clearly give a vote of confidence to the Leupold Mark 5 HD, and proabably ask you to look at Steiner T5Xi in that budget range.

We are a dealer, and we offer 'hide discounts. Right now, anything good is hard to get, but if serious, PM me. Otherwise, the advise is free.

Would you recommend the leica over the leupold if they were the same money?
I have seen people are having some trouble with the Leupold’s as of late. My gunsmith said he had heard two or three local guys having problems with theirs.

^Depends on their warranty on their scope lineup.
it appears they have a lifetime warranty.

actually, after finding the owners manual, it contradicts the web sight info. It says 10years, with 2 on electronics.

Last edited:
I think a NF NX8 4-32 would work well for you. Tree reticle, illuminated and if you get it from Doug at cameraland its under your budget.

Would you recommend the leica over the leupold if they were the same money?

Hard to say. I prefer the L-Ballistic to the TMR and dislike tree reticle options in both scopes.

I think I like Leica's contrasty image a touch more, but I also prefer Leupold's locking turrets.

It is a tough call.

ILya

Hard to say. I prefer the L-Ballistic to the TMR and dislike tree reticle options in both scopes.

I think I like Leica's contrasty image a touch more, but I also prefer Leupold's locking turrets.

It is a tough call.

ILya

I tend to like the tree reticles.
is the glass better in the Leica vs the MK5? I assumed the NX8s would be a step down in glass quality.

You can find a nice Kahles 624i in the PX, even with the SKMR3 tree reticle and left side windage if that's your thing, for $1700-$1900. That's what I did and I haven't looked back since. There was one that sold in a few hours about two weeks ago for $1700, smoking deal.