• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optic upgrade $2k range

Alabusa

Learning
Minuteman
  • Jan 1, 2018
    Muscle Shoals, Alabama
    Looking to upgrade my competition scope. Looking in the $2k range. I think I have it narrowed down to 4....

Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 Tremor 3
    Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 APRS6
    Leupold Mk5Hd 5-25x56 Tremor 3

What say you as to which one? Any others I need to consider?

Last edited:
    Looking to upgrade my competition scope. Looking in the $2k range. I think I have it narrowed down to 4....

Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 Tremor 3
    Athlon Cronus 4.5-29x56 APRS6
    Leupold Mk5Hd 5-25x56 Tremor 3

What’s the 4th?

Also look at the Zeiss LRP S3 4-25.

Reactions: Franko
    Expertvoice doesnt want your telling thier prices. What’s the min parallax on the mk5?

That may settle it if it is available with the aprs6 reticle.
    Mine with APRS6 is arriving tomorrow, I ordered Saturday. Their shipping department doesn't mess around, but it was $18 for the ride and I dont think I was given a different option. Probably would have paid it anyway if given the option but still lol.

I thought so. That's why it wouldn't be on my list on .22 nrl competition scope.

I thought so. That's why it wouldn't be on my list on .22 nrl competition scope.
    Plenty back off the mag and use them just fine..2 of my buddies use them..I tried to talk them out the mk5 because of it.. They asked around, found out they would still work by lowering the mag and they are happy as can be with them.

Looking to upgrade my competition scope. ...

OP what glass are you currently using? You 're talking about a competition scope, but have two lightweight scopes with Tremor Reticles? What kind of competitions are you shooting mostly?