• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optical Boosters

dmgreene

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2007
Old Salem, AL
I was wondering if anybody has used an optical booster. I was thinking of using one on my 3.5X15 NF when I wanted a little more power. I love the 15X for hunting but I want more power for load development and some informal competition. Can you still read mirage when using a booster? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

David

Re: Optical Boosters

I have two and been using them for almost two years. Absolutely great!

It is easy to dial down to mirage readable.

Go for it, you will not regret it.

BH

I just ordered a bulzeyepro entry level to try out (3x) will letcha know. tired eyes need help.

Yeah I didn't know that my eyes were getting as bad as they are until I but my readers on and looked through my scope. I could actually adjust my scope where I could see the target and the reticle clearly. Let me know how it works out.

David

I need one of these also, I have lots of camera gear and tried a 37mm x7 macro on a Zeiss scope. Works great except that I can't focus the reticule at full power and/or I can't focus the target at less than full power.

I'll try a x2 and x4 later this week, I suspect that is why they are not offered at more magnification then x4.

Ross

So it says its a 4x does that mean it takes my fixed 10x and magnify it to 40x ????? It's not making sense...

I believe it's additive not multiplicative, so a 4x on a 10x scope would be 14x??

ETA - after reading the entire site on these I found one article that said a 25X scope with a 3X booster equaled 32 - 38X.... So, it's not additive, it's a little more complicated....

first day trying out the booster....it did seem to magnify the target some, but was a little darker and couldn't bring it into sharp focus...ended up taking it off for the clarity. used on a Leop. 6-18 MkII. Also, was too small for the swarovski. Will try it again another time. Did finally dial in 400 yds with both the .223 and .308 .....now to find that elusive 500 yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popgunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first day trying out the booster....it did seem to magnify the target some, but was a little darker and couldn't bring it into sharp focus...ended up taking it off for the clarity. </div></div>

That pretty much sums up the experience I had with mine. In the end, I decided it wasn't worth the trouble.