• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics advice between the two and two reticles please.

tarheel7734

Quiet Professional
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2014
    Asheville NC
    So still working on my build plan and I am stuck on the scope. Yeah Ik they are not ZCO but I dont think I can justify the price. What I am looking at are the NF atacr 5-25 in either mil-xt or tremor 3. There is a 200.00 difference with mil discount, or the Vortex razor gen II in either ebr7c or Tremor3 and a 300.00 difference. Now between the razor ebr7c and nf milxt there is a 750.00 difference and a 640.00 in the nf and vortex tremor3 option. Not posting the mil prices on them just the difference in prices.

What do you think about the tremor3 vs the mil-xt or ebr7c?
    Do you think Nightforce is worth the 750 and 640 difference over the vortex?

You can not go bad with ether one, though I would go with the Night Force with the XT reticle, they are built like tanks and I think they have better glass. My second would be the Vortex Razor with the 7C reticle. The Tremors can be some what overwhelming if you are in a rush since they are very busy. They can also some what obstruct the view, but if you plan to just do hold overs all of the time, it might work for you.

I dig the MIL-XT and EBR7C, but the T3 wind dot system in my 7-35 is AWESOME. The first time I really had it out was on a 300WSM out in the desert on a windy day. Shot off a bunch of old deer ammo that I had at around 700y, and all that I had to do was read the wind in the mirages to find the right hold points.

Since then, I got more into long range shooting with PCP airguns with bullets, and I've been able to hit 12oz beer cans over 1/4 mile with that thing. I would say if you're shooting long range with regular wind, you'd be real happy with the Horus reticle. The ATACR glass is great, but the ZCO glass has an edge (not enough to get me away from my ATACRs though).

You can not go bad with ether one, though I would go with the Night Force with the XT reticle, they are built like tanks and I think they have better glass. My second would be the Vortex Razor with the 7C reticle. The Tremors can be some what overwhelming if you are in a rush since they are very busy. They can also some what obstruct the view, but if you plan to just do hold overs all of the time, it might work for you.
    Yeah, this is definitely true. It can be an issue, depending on the target size and range!

I dig the MIL-XT and EBR7C, but the T3 wind dot system in my 7-35 is AWESOME. The first time I really had it out was on a 300WSM out in the desert on a windy day. Shot off a bunch of old deer ammo that I had at around 700y, and all that I had to do was read the wind in the mirages to find the right hold points.

Since then, I got more into long range shooting with PCP airguns with bullets, and I've been able to hit 12oz beer cans over 1/4 mile with that thing. I would say if you're shooting long range with regular wind, you'd be real happy with the Horus reticle. The ATACR glass is great, but the ZCO glass has an edge (not enough to get me away from my ATACRs though).
    Yeah the zco would be 1k to almost 2k over the price of the atacr or razor. I can't justify that when originaly I was in the 1500.00 price range for an optic. I am trying to stretch the budget enough for the nf.

Either one will fit your need. Both EBR-7c and Mil-XT are my two favorite reticles.

if you like them both then decide on features. Just to give you a couple of examples. If you need a lighter scope then the ATACR would be the pick. If you need locking turrets then the gen2 would be the pick.

I’ve owned both. I have had about 6-8 gen2s and they never left me disappointed other than when a new scope came out and then I would sell some to try out new scopes and then end up right back at the Gen2s.

I switched to the 7-35x ATACR because I switch more towards ELR shooting and I like the 7-35x for that. So I also put a 7-35x on my PRS and LR rifles. Keeping the reticles consistent was my main objective with the move.

I still love the EBR-7c reticle regardless what I’m using today.

don’t let anyone sway your decision because the Gen2 or 5-25x ATACR isn’t the highest end scopes in their class. They both can do the job and Gen2 punches above its weight class. Theses mfers rocking the TTs and ZCOs aren’t winning matches because that’s what they run. The grass isn’t always greener when you decide what is practical for what you actually need it to do verses what you want.