• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics for a Desert Eagle

johnl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2006
Wet Coast
Hi Guys

I want a red dot for my DE. Its going on a .440 corbon 10" barrel. Aimpoint or Eotech? It will be my 200yrd gong gun. I wish we could hunt with sidearms in Canada, man that would be sweet, but no dice. Anyways, suggestions? Thanks

Re: Optics for a Desert Eagle

Please be advised that since the DE puts a gun under extreme abuse....most optics will fail miserably. Only one that ever survived my 44Mag was a fixed 4X Leupold handgun scope. With reddots and the electronics I would ensure they will warrant it in case the recoil destroys the circuitry.

For the love of god WHY??
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the love of god WHY??
crazy.gif
</div></div>

Why not (Dr Evils laugh) . Anyway I have a older lupy 2x eer I'll try. Thanks guys, I'll contact the manufacturers about the warranty etc. Thanks.

I had a old Swedish red dot on my 44 mag Desert Eagle for years with no problems. Later I switched to a Burris 2-7 power and it worked fine for years as well. The only problem I could see happening is the red dot may be to big and cover your target at 200 yards, so make sure you know what size of dot you’re getting before the purchase.

DSCF0773.jpg

This is an older Tasco optima 2000 with a custom base I have had on my 44mag DE for about 10 years and works great and is very recoil tolerant. It is similar to the Dr.Optics and Burris ones.