• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics suggestions for a m14 socom11

longeyes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2007
Graham WA
Recently purchased a SA SOCOM 11. Looking for inexpensive optics ideas using the existing rail set-up, so the optic needs long eye relief. I'll be using the rifle for general plinking and quick response to 200 for coyotes harassing my live stock. Also, a PVS14 came with it and since most of the coyote problems are at night, I need a good set that will work with what I have.

Re: Optics suggestions for a m14 socom11

Get an eotech with 3x magnifier, they work great for close up, flip the magnifier over and your ready to engage out to three hundred yards. Plus they are night vision ready. Just make sure to buy the ones marked law and military use only. Sightron makes some good scopes and so dose springfield, if you can find one. Good luck and hope I helped.

+1 on eotech, besides i dont think you will ever make a shot with a socom past 300y

Agree with the limitations of the rifle. This was a steal--got both the rifle and the NV for not much $$$. The NV didn't come with weapon mount, only head gear. Need to find mount systems and optics---the NV will pretty much stay on the rifle.which will stay close to the door---tired of coyotes chasing my brush controllers (goats). Unfortunately the coyotes stay clear during the day, so this is a control and protect issue not hunting

If you went ahead with the eotech you could use it without mounting the night vision to your rifle. Just wear it on the head mount it came with, set your sight to NV and your ready to go. The only thing you may run into is if you went with the 3X or 4X they sell two models. I have the 3X set on my AR-15 with bullet drop compensation out to six hundred yards. I have never shot that gun over 400 but with their dot setup I simply raise it to the 400 dot and pull the trigger as the sound of the bullet striking steel is heard in the echo of the blast. Get an eotech and thank yourself later. Aimpoint is also NV compatible and they have a 3X magnifier also. In my years of shooting I would go with the eotech, better sight all around. Hope this helped!