• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optics suggestions for an Aussie

Just Macca

Mealteam 6
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
Australia
Hi all,
Recently I started a thread looking for suggestions on USO reticle options for an ST-10.
But at the moment I don't think I will be able to afford a USO for quiet a long time. Therefore I'm after some suggestions or even some help to acquire a telescope.
My requirements as I see it for my new Rem 700 SPS tactical .308 which ill use out to 800-900 are as follows.

1. Robust, Robust, Robust.
2. Repeatable clicks
3. A method of getting it to Australia. (more on that later)
4. Mil/Mil turrets with a mil styled reticle.

I am not worried about Illumination, Zero stops, position of Parralax etc. I'm an Aussie country bloke who likes simplicity, ruggedness and repeatability. Im almost exclusively after a fixed 10 also as I believe that they must be the most versatile and robust optics in the sub $500-600 range. Therefore the obvious suggestion is an SWFA SS 10x42. But unfortunately SWFA does not export. The ST-10 is out of my price range and everything else I can think of either has .25" clicks or is prohibitively expensive. I look forward to everyone's input.
Regards, Macca.

Mate, EuroOptic, CS tactical, The Optic Zone and a few others all ship to Aus no trouble.

For a tough 10x for under $300 what about the Bushnell?

cstactical

Mike's a great guy and will help you, no end.

Cheers.

Edit : whoops just noticed that one is 1/4 inch clicks

Another Edit ; Have you tried a ship forwarder? Basically what happens is, SWFA sends it to the forwarder and then they ship it onto you. Be careful though, make sure the one you choose will ship scopes overseas, some ship forwarders wont.

Last edited:
Cheers FNG. Do you know of any ship forwarders that are reliable and suitable for my needs? I was even thinking if somebody on here that is trusted and reliable could do it for me?

Last edited:
Someone in the US could make a nice little sideline sending SWFA scopes to Australia. I'm sure most would be willing to pay a little bit of a premium to whoever was willing to do it. There were a few of us in Oz that would have bought a SS HD 5-20 when they came out but weren't able to get one shipped. I ended up buying a Viper instead but would love to have the option of these scopes.

Someone in the US could make a nice little sideline sending SWFA scopes to Australia. I'm sure most would be willing to pay a little bit of a premium to whoever was willing to do it. There were a few of us in Oz that would have bought a SS HD 5-20 when they came out but weren't able to get one shipped. I ended up buying a Viper instead but would love to have the option of these scopes.

This so much.

euro optic are good alex did all the paper work to get my hensoldt here (pesky ITAR....), but beware you will pay gst and tariff, unless its "2nd hand" or "returned from repair" ;)