• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Options comparable to Bergara HMR for 6.5 Creedmoor for long range.

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Looking for a new long range bolt action rifle. I've heard that the Bergara and others are improvements on the Remington 700 action. I don't think there is much in a lower price range that is 1K ready out of the box.

Are there any other ideas in this range? I'm probably not buying until fall but starting to window shop.

ETA: this will be mostly for NRA prone long range, but may have a bipod added for some matches.

Tikka CTR (obligatory tikka comment for the forum), The Bergara HMR or Wilderness HMR, Howa 1500 barreled action in a stock of your choosing, or Remington 700 SPS Tactical would be the four most mainstream options under $1k for the rifle.

I'm not sure how the new Remington's are, I'd check the current thread on the topic for that info.

Reactions: Jabberjaw
If going Bergara, go with the Bergara Premier actions

I second the recommendation for the Bergara HMR Pro. The premier action has some worthwhile upgrades over the B14 action used in the standard Bergara HMR. The upgrade price to the HMR Pro is well worth the upcharge.

Reactions: FNG1001 and TonyG