• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Options for back ups with prism scope?

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Picked up a Steiner 4x prism on clearance at PSA, and to get proper eye relief, I have to mount the optic all the way back, removing the rear sight.
    I don’t want a red dot ontop of the optic, so looking at 45 degree flip ups, is there anything wrong with putting the rear offset flip up in front of the optic?
    31A74398-019B-47AC-971D-8B364382FBEF.jpeg

That's what I would do. 45-degree offset. Knights or Magpul Pro, or put an RMR on top. Which really does not help from a true back up sight, but you might want it anyway. :cool:

Picked up a Steiner 4x prism on clearance at PSA, and to get proper eye relief, I have to mount the optic all the way back, removing the rear sight.
    I don’t want a red dot ontop of the optic, so looking at 45 degree flip ups, is there anything wrong with putting the rear offset flip up in front of the optic?
    View attachment 7984617
    Nope, just get as much distance between your front and rear sight as possible to get more sight radius for accuracy purposes. But it'll work fine.

I've watched several videos of the T536 and T432, one by someone I don't know, and another by somebody whose opinion I respect.

I know you just got it, so what are your initial impressions of it fit and finish wise and looking through it.

I've watched several videos of the T536 and T432, one by someone I don't know, and another by somebody whose opinion I respect.

I know you just got it, so what are your initial impressions of it fit and finish wise and looking through it.
    I sent it back actually. I wanted to try a prism scope over a lpvo and while it seemed to be built solid, the glass was very clear, reticle was nice too… I just don’t like a prism scope like I thought I would.
    My only issue with it is the illumination knob is kind of weird to get to

Reactions: Bridgebuilder34