• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Options for mounting a rds on a 35mm tube?

dgheriani

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
I've got a Leopold MK5 5-25 in Badger rings. I'm looking to be able to mount a red dot on top as I've recently tried that on another rifle and found it sped up my target acquisition hugely. The Badger website doesn't show any available pic rail top caps for the 35mm rings. I emailed them to inquire if they were available. Any other options? I know I could get a Spuhr mount and their pic rail, any other means of attaching a rds on top of the tube that anyone knows of?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Spuhr. If you were running a 30mm or 34mm tube you’d have more options, but since it’s the mk5 it’s badger or Spuhr .

Thanks, that's kind what I figured. I'm hoping that Badger have pic top caps for the 35mm rings but since they aren't on the website, I'm kinda doubting that. Shoulda just got the Spuhr from the get go, I guess.

I picked up a JEC level/rds mount for my Mark 5. It was shipped shortly after I ordered. Might want to give them a call. I'm using a Deltapoint on it. Here is my son with a coyote he shot a few days ago.

Attachments

• P_20181020_191729_vHDR_Auto_p.jpg
    P_20181020_191729_vHDR_Auto_p.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: dgheriani
I picked up a JEC level/rds mount for my Mark 5. It was shipped shortly after I ordered. Might want to give them a call. I'm using a Deltapoint on it. Here is my son with a coyote he shot a few days ago.

Awesome, thank you! I'll look that up. I'm also planning on running a Deltapoint on it. How do you like having the ads at 1:30? I've only ever tried it up at 12:00.

It's actually set up more for lefty use, which is how my son shoots although its a right handed bolt. The other side of the mount is a bubble level. He hasn't had much practice with it, but I think it'll help with faster target acquisition.

It's actually set up more for lefty use, which is how my son shoots although its a right handed bolt. The other side of the mount is a bubble level. He hasn't had much practice with it, but I think it'll help with faster target acquisition.

Any idea if there is a similar product but without the level? I already have an Accuracy 1st level and like them more than bubble levels.

In case anyone else is looking, I found out that Leupold make a replacement top cap for their 35mm Mk4 rings that has a Deltapoint Pro mount on it.

Reactions: gebhardt02