• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Options for Pictures Through Spotter

rust4brains

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 26, 2008
    I have a Vortex 27-60x85mm spotter that I would like to be able to take pictures through with my phone. Would be nice to take pictures through the 22x eye piece with the reticle too. I don’t want to have to remove my phone from it’s case if possible. Also would be nice if it is universal/adjustable enough to not have to replace pieces when I upgrade phones. What is my best option? Thanks advance.

R4B

I use and like the Tinesup phonecam universal adapter. I use one of their phone cases that has the threaded bezel on it and you thread the adapter onto it. The adapter itself can then be adjusted to whatever eyepiece diameter you want From binos scope spotters. It’s a decent phone case too, sleek profile and the edges come up above the screen. Tinesup.com

phonescope is another brand and there are a few others out there. I like the tines up the best for my use.

I use and like the Tinesup phonecam universal adapter. I use one of their phone cases that has the threaded bezel on it and you thread the adapter onto it. The adapter itself can then be adjusted to whatever eyepiece diameter you want From binos scope spotters. It’s a decent phone case too, sleek profile and the edges come up above the screen. Tinesup.com

phonescope is another brand and there are a few others out there. I like the tines up the best for my use.
    I also use phonecam.
    The universal adapter is pretty sweet.