• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kpchurch

Voluntold Youso
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Needing some assistance with the recommended order to place my dies in my turret, by order of operations? I’ve got the Area 419 Zero Press w/ 9 turret spaces. Currently only reloading for a 6.5 Creedmoor. In possession #1 is my Mighty Armory decapping die. Here are the others that I have and want to use;
image.jpg

- Hornady Match Grade Die Set (2 dies) #544655
- 21st Century Expandor Mandrel
- Short Action Customs Seating Die
- Redding Instant Indicator

Current order placement is my best guess before I do the much needed research. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. FYI, the seating die that came with the Horandy Match set was not placed in the turret as the SAC will be used.

Are you asking what order to use the dies in, or just what spot to put them in? Because surely the spot they're in isn't critical, as you have to take the time to unlock/rotate/relock the head anyways and you're not worried about the saving of a mere seconds by rotating the turret one spot vice three...

straight decapping die, resizing die with out a neck expander, neck mandel to set inside of neck, powder charge die, bullet seating die. with my dillon 550 the first three steps are on one setup, then I take and do a quick clean of the primed brass to get the resize lube off, then I charge the case and seat the bullet.

ymmv, idahoorion

Although it only matters to people like me with CDO...

My Zero is;

1) .223 SAC sizer
2) .223 Forster seater
3) 6 ARC RCBS bushing sizer
4) 6 ARC Whidden seater
5) 6GT SAC sizer
6) 6GT Forster seater
7) 6.5CM Redding bushing
8) 6.5CM Redding seater
9) 6 ARC small base (for converting Grendel brass)

0429230915.jpg

T-7 press

Dedicated decapper
Bullet puller
6GT RCBS seater
6GT Wilson bushing sizer
21st Century mandrel
Lee something
Lee something (crimp maybe? Don't use it)

0429230916.jpg

Reactions: RegionRat
Are you asking what order to use the dies in, or just what spot to put them in? Because surely the spot they're in isn't critical, as you have to take the time to unlock/rotate/relock the head anyways and you're not worried about the saving of a mere seconds by rotating the turret one spot vice three...
+1 Agree.

Sometimes, you place a die where you can 1) make it easy to see or read the markings 2) make it easy to adjust for tool or hand clearance to avoid damage.

If that doesn't conflict with placing them in order, then great. But placing them in order on the 419 Zero press really buys you nothing unless it is scratching your OCD.