• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ordered a Colt/Umarex 1911 22 Rail model

BrettSass844

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Germantown, OHIO
Anyone have any experiene with these? Good or bad? I will be picking it up tomorrow or Thursday sometime. What ammo has ran good for you guys? I have all subsonic stuff. I assume I will need to pick up higher velocity ammo as I have read it like CCI mini mags and similar. Here is a pic of the one I ordered.
1328626501.jpg

Re: Ordered a Colt/Umarex 1911 22 Rail model

Picked it up yesterday. Not sure if I will get a chance to shoot it this weekend. I am very pleased with the quality, fit and finish. I hope that does not change when I get a chance to put some rounds through it. Any body else have one of these? I know the GSG is popular just really liked the feel of this one in my hand. I am going to try some of the new CCI AR 40gr ammo. Any other suggestions? I will get some pics up this weekend

Re: Ordered a Colt/Umarex 1911 22 Rail model

Since it made by Umarex, the cheap airsoft gun company, I would expect it to be about as good of quality as the Walther P22 which they also put out. They could have stepped their game up a little with that particular model which I hope they did. I shot a GSG before and the barrel bushing snapped in half and sent parts downrange because the bushing was the cheap MIM casting. They have since replaced it with real metal.

What kind of material is your slide? The P22 is zinc and I wonder if they used the same thing for this gun. It does look good though.