• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ordered a Tikka T3x

Milf Dots

Milf Hunter Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2019
First precision rifle- I ordered a new Tikka- should be here in about a week.

I really like the Spuhr mounts, but I'm open to alternative one piece mounts like ARC, Hawkins, MDT, MPA, JP, ADM, Geissele?

I'm thinking an appropriate scope for that rifle would be no more than about $2200 max. Or even less- perhaps an Athlon Cronus G2, Burris XTR3i?

Bipods... Probably a Harris. Maybe an Atlas.

Pelican for hard case?

Which one? What chambering?

I have 3 Spuhrs in current use, love them. No experience with the others listed. I also have one of the new NF Ultramounts, no complaints.

Of the scopes listed, I'd probably go with the Burris XTR3. I haven't seen one yet, but the XTR2s tracked consistently, and that's more important than anything else. The glass was "serviceable". If you can swing the price of a NF ATACR F1 you'll be money way ahead though. That's the least I'd consider for a serious rig (and since this is your only one so far, it might as well be serious).

Harris is completely serviceable if you get the swivel model with the notched legs and ad a Pod-Loc to it (mandatory). But the rotating legs and "springiness" are a real pain. Of all the bipods I've tried, I'm happiest with the Atlas CAL.

Edit to add: I think you should be happy with the Tikka. I have a couple custom builds off of Defiance actions with top-tier barrels, and a couple of AI AXMCs. But my Tikka T3X CTR can hang very close with them - not as stylish or rugged perhaps, but it shoots very competitively with the rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
Which one? What chambering?

I have 3 Spuhrs in current use, love them. No experience with the others listed. I also have one of the new NF Ultramounts, no complaints.

Of the scopes listed, I'd probably go with the Burris XTR3. I haven't seen one yet, but the XTR2s tracked consistently, and that's more important than anything else. The glass was "serviceable". If you can swing the price of a NF ATACR F1 you'll be money way ahead though. That's the least I'd consider for a serious rig (and since this is your only one so far, it might as well be serious).

Harris is completely serviceable if you get the swivel model with the notched legs and ad a Pod-Loc to it (mandatory). But the rotating legs and "springiness" are a real pain. Of all the bipods I've tried, I'm happiest with the Atlas CAL.

Edit to add: I think you should be happy with the Tikka. I have a couple custom builds off of Defiance actions with top-tier barrels, and a couple of AI AXMCs. But my Tikka T3X CTR can hang very close with them - not as stylish or rugged perhaps, but it shoots very competitively with the rest.
Tac A1 in 6.5.

I love the features and style of the Spuhr mounts, but may choose something different that has very similar function and quality.

Glass will be the time consuming decision!

You're the second person to recommend the Atlas CAL, so that is an easy decision for me.

I’ve, a Tac A1 in 65, shoots very well. I had a little bit of an issue selecting a load, it was a good job that I’d marked the cases as I’d left the stickers at home

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2021-08-02 16:56:55.271794_Original.jpeg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2021-08-02 16:56:55.271794_Original.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Milf Dots
I’ll third the atlas cal
The Cronus or Burris are good choice

Spuhr are nice. Have 3 or 4 of them. I’ve cracked the crossbar on one of them. So they’re certainly not bullet proof anymore than ARC, NF/badger rings or others for the price

First precision rifle- I ordered a new Tikka- should be here in about a week.

I really like the Spuhr mounts, but I'm open to alternative one piece mounts like ARC, Hawkins, MDT, MPA, JP, ADM, Geissele?

I'm thinking an appropriate scope for that rifle would be no more than about $2200 max. Or even less- perhaps an Athlon Cronus G2, Burris XTR3i?

Bipods... Probably a Harris. Maybe an Atlas.

Pelican for hard case?

OIP.tcSkgQqtK_LO9lJFADvZVQAAAA

F3R Machine one-piece mounts...F3RMachine
Vortex Viper FFP scope...Vortex Viper
Atlas Bipod...Atlas Bipods
Plano rifle case...Plano Rifle Case

You can probably get one of the new Zeiss S3 LRPs for that $2200 on sale.

Setting a price limit for optics due to your budget makes sense, but not because the rifle is from "X manufacturer"... determine your needs, set a budget, & see what falls within those parameters. What style of shooting? How far are you going to shoot? What environmental conditions?

Bipod - I'd buy one good bipod with an ARCA or pic QC & run that one bipod across all of your rifles, instead of collecting a Harris bipod for each rifle. What bipod you should buy is largely dependent on style of shooting & budget.

Scope mount - I'd take a ZCO block mount over a Spuhr, unless I wanted my optics equipment to look like a car dashboard. Even then, I might go with a BO C1. That being said, Seekins rings are great and cost much less than a Spuhr/ZCO/C1. I'd take the >$200 saved on rings & put it into a more utilitarian bipod if you aren't needing to attach a ton of stuff on the mount.