• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ordered Heritage 5-25.. what rings?

Ackley Improved

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2006
AUSTRALIA
Guys

I have ordered a Premier Heritage 5-25, 27mrad DT MTC Gen II XR, and need to decide what rings to get. Both brand and height.

The rifle is a Surgeon actioned 6.5X47L, and the barrel contour 1.25" for 4", straight taper to 0.900 muzzle at 26". Thats to help in rings height!

These are a great looking bit of kit, and dont think I can go wrong! I think its going to make me want another for the 300WSM! Have to luck out with a Nightforce for now!

Cheers
AI

Re: Ordered Heritage 5-25.. what rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either the BO 1.o height or Seekins Highs at .97 would work fine.
Dan </div></div>

Badger Ordance 1.00", dont think they will clear. The 5-25 is a 56mm objective.

I have the USMC rings on a GAP build and they barely clear the 3-15x50. The USMC rings are a 1.00" height.

I would call Scott at Liberty Optics and ask him. I got some Seekins highs coming for when mine arrives in 3 weeks.

They will clear. Here is a S&B 5-25x56 on a Badger Base with a #7 barrel in Badger 1" height. Plenty of room so Seekins .97 rings would fit also.

P1010078-1.jpg

P1010079-2.jpg

How about with the obj cap that comes on them its alot bigger.

S&B 5-25x56 Seekins .97 Highs, Medium palma taper
100_3735.jpg

S&B 5-25x56 Seekins .97, Broughton No 7 taper
7WSMSAS1.jpg

Unless the scope caps are really thick, the Seekins should work fine. I used the .92 lows but needed a little more for the BC caps so went to the .97 on the No 7 taper.
BO are 30 thou more so don't see why they would be perfect.

5-25 on Sako with 25 moa base, BO 1.0 rings. Plenty of room
0310091739.jpg

The 3-15x50 Heritage with the caps fit on the Seekins in that same set up above. Another 6mm shouldn't be a problem. Will let you know when mine comes in as I have a set of Seekins .97s waiting for my Heritage 5-25.

thanks guys. I dont have it on the site yet, but i did change the height of the HIGH 34mm rings to 1.0" to eliminate any concerns some might have had. the lows are still nice and low at .92"

I went with Seekins Highs for my 3-15. there's plenty of room to spare. My barrel is the factory savage target contour.

Thanks for the replies...

What guys here have the 5-25 prototypes/first releases?

Wouldnt mind seeing what they are using, as I would be pretty pissed if I got the wrong ones.

Glen, your HIGH 34mm rings to 1.0" as above will do the job with the Heritage 5-25?

The Badger rings you guys are using, these them? Badger Rings 306-75, USMC M40A3 1.00, 34mm.

CHeers

My Badgers were the 1" height P/N 306-14. Both rings were 4 screw which is more than enough when installed properly.

Hmmm I have a set of Seekins low rings I had bought for my TRG I thought I was told they would work for my Premier 5 x 25 that I am waiting on Am I wrong do I need the .97 rings

sounds to me like you'll be ok.

I have 4 Premiers and Im using the BO USMC style rings and they are pretty damn close!

Didnt think a 56mm objective could fit.

Turn your lens caps to the side and they should flip right open!