• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ordered my new USO scope

AR10LongRangeShooter

Private
Minuteman
I've been looking everywhere for some great glass, I ordered this from USO.

1 Model SN-3 T-Pal
1 Parallax Control T-Pal Left Side Parallax/Focus
1 Power 3.2-17x
1 Objective 44mm
1 Objective Cover U.S.O. Flipup
1 Scope Cover RedTac Gear Scope Cover Black/Acu
1 Sunshade 44mm Fixed 2"
1 Honeycomb Anti-Reflective Device (ARD)
1 Tube 30mm Standard
1 Color Matte Black Type III Hard Anodizing
1 Eyepiece Lo Profile - Rapid Focus
1 Eyepiece Cover U.S.O. Flipup
1 Reticle Option MDMOA
1 Reticle Lighting Type 11 Pos Rheostat (Green)
1 Knob - Elevation EREK 1/4 MOA
1 Knob - Windage US#1 M40 Style 1/4MOA

I know it's expensive, but what do you think of my options. I can change them if I have to in the next week. Since I plan on buying only 1 for my new AR-10, I wanted the best I could afford. Of course my wife says I owe her now.

USO says 16-28 weeks lead time. Whatcha gonna do but wait.

Re: Ordered my new USO scope

NO!! NO!! cancel the order and get the Counter Sniper.j/k

Counter Sniper? Hmmm, me thinks you are the funny man.
OD Green huh? My entire platform is Black, but the Green is a different look for sure.

When I go to Camp Perry, just about every persons scope is a USO with a few S&B's thrown in. Counter Sniper??? I'm not into airsoft. Besides, I only buy American when I can. Counter Snipers are Japanese and Chinese if I'm not mistaken.

Japs can make some fine optics. Chinese, not so much.

You will love your USO Im sure, but have you thought about going mil/mil?

I'd get the US #1 knobs on the build and then order M40 knobs as extras. If you sling the rifle you will need to check the zero of your knobs each time. If you are on a square range doing non dynamic stuff M40's will be fine. If your moving, cap the knobs, the M40's will get turned.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd get the US #1 knobs on the build and then order M40 knobs as extras. If you sling the rifle you will need to check the zero of your knobs each time. If you are on a square range doing non dynamic stuff M40's will be fine. If your moving, cap the knobs, the M40's will get turned.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Great idea, thanks for the headsup. I'll call Monday and make the change. Gawd I love this board.

Doc makes a great point. I love the M40 knobs for their easier to move shape but if you are moving with the rifle on you rsling, or three point you may make them move. If you are in a place where the dust is like talcum powder(Afghanistan) you will have to take them off every day to clean the crap out of the space underneath(no dust inside, just around the bottoms).
The No1 knobs have solid covers and work very well but don't have the M40 knobs 'cool factor'.
My experiences from A-Stan with my SN4 that I kinda gave a solid beat down(NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING is 'Switchblade' proof...well except an Otter Box/Cigar Caddy cigar box)

I would have to agree with Switch and Doc as well. The coolness factor is high with the M40 knobs, but the caps are the way to go.

Oh and Switch I laughed out loud when you mentioned the Otter Box. I distinctly remember the Cigar Caddy vs a Snowy,Gravel road video.

Sorry for hijacking, but doc, how much is an additional US#1 1/10mil knob? The knob covers sell for $10 each but I can't seem to find the cost of the knobs by themselves. Thanks.

Pete,

The US#1 is standard with the cap. The M-40 is $20.00. So you would have to pay for the M-40 on the build and then the US#1 and the cap after the fact. Cheaper to get the US#1 and order the M40 after.

Cheers,

Doc

Here's the green, although if everything is black, I'd stick with that.

DSC_0654.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete,

The US#1 is standard with the cap. The M-40 is $20.00. So you would have to pay for the M-40 on the build and then the US#1 and the cap after the fact. Cheaper to get the US#1 and order the M40 after.

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

I got the M40 already so now I have to order the regular flavor knob and cap.
smile.gif
So how much would that combo be?

I have several NF scopes. I have a friend that has the USO 3.3x17 EREK knob, etc, etc. Here's the deal...We have compared them several times. Can't tell any difference in glass quality. If you wanna drive in your tent stakes, buy a USO.. Obviously a great scope. No Doubt! If you wanna almost get two for one, buy a 5.5x22x56 NF.. YOU will not be sorry............Use the balance to buy reloading components!!!!

You got to love it when someone compares a SFP NF to a FFP USO and says they are the same thing and you can get 2 NF's for the price of one USO.

I guess an apple is the same as an orange, I mean they are both fruits and they both taste good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got to love it when someone compares a SFP NF to a FFP USO and says they are the same thing and you can get 2 NF's for the price of one USO.

I guess an apple is the same as an orange, I mean they are both fruits and they both taste good. </div></div>

Well you can still get a FFP NF for about 1/4th to 1/3rd less than the price of the USO. The cheaper Nightforce will have slightly better glass, weight less and will not have to go back to the factory to fix recurrent "build issues".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got to love it when someone compares a SFP NF to a FFP USO and says they are the same thing and you can get 2 NF's for the price of one USO.

I guess an apple is the same as an orange, I mean they are both fruits and they both taste good. </div></div>

Well you can still get a FFP NF for about 1/4th to 1/3rd less than the price of the USO. </div></div>

I need to get you to do my taxes, I dig your fuzzy math!

F1- $2200

3.2-17 TPal - $2300 w/ illumination

$100 is a 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper? Funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">recurrent "build issues".</div></div>
Keep in mind that I don't have a USO, but I haven't heard of these. Please explain.

Actually JRose, the OP's original configuration came out to be about $2660 without the ARD, flip caps and cover, so that means Sickeness can find a FFP NF for $665 (1/4) to $887 (1/3)... I need to get a hold of his NF source!
smile.gif

I also like "objective" reviews on a subjective feature (optical clarity. better glass, etc.), unless they were talking about the difference in exit pupil between a 44mm and 56mm and equating that to "better glass"...

As far as I'm concerned having owned one USO and building another, my only recurring issues are wanting to go back to USO so I can chat with Becky, and spending more money on USO stuff.

Pete, I'm not really trying to defend the guy, but I think he meant 1/4 to 1/3 off (something like 70% of the cost).

With that being said, I'm still saving my pennies for an SN-3.

I'm sure he's just typing what he's read online........

I do like the regular turrets on the build and M40's after the fact tip. Personally when dealing with #1 turrets I never saw what everyone likes int he M40's. I preferred running caps, and wish the #3's were cappable...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got to love it when someone compares a SFP NF to a FFP USO and says they are the same thing and you can get 2 NF's for the price of one USO.

Well you can still get a FFP NF for about 1/4th to 1/3rd less than the price of the USO. The cheaper Nightforce will have slightly better glass, weight less and will not have to go back to the factory to fix recurrent "build issues". </div></div>

I have noticed that every USO post on this forum has you in it saying how much USO scopes break and need repair. I have been on the forum for a bit now, and I remember only a few instances of people claiming their USO went bad or needed repair, but at the same time I have seen a few posts claiming the same with NF's. Anyting man made will break, or need repair sooner or later, its how the company treats their customers and takes care of the problem that matters.

I think you need to read my post on getting my USO and tell me if you think any other optics company would have done that for a customer. And the reason NF's cost less (besides not being FFP) is because labor in Japan is much cheaper than in the US. I would rather help pay the paychecks of real Americans over Japs any day of the week!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will love it, I have the same set up with the PCMOA reticle. Go forth and kill shit. </div></div>

My sentiments exactly.

I didn't mean to cause such a stir about my scope. I sure appreciate everyones input, really good stuff. I love the OD Green look but again, my entire platform is black so I'll stick with that for now. I also love talking to Becky, she is a great help. I changed to the #1 w/caps and ordered the M40's seperately, great choice, thanks.

I'll stick to American made and USO, price is a concern but I'll be damned if I'll fund a foreign company over an American company, who by the way makes a GREAT scope. Price, yeah, so. If more people bought American, we wouldn't have as many issues that we have today with our manufacturing sector.

Thanks again all,

Guy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure he's just typing what he's read online........

</div></div>

I make no bones about the problems I have had with USO. If you want to look through some of my older posts, I state what my problems were and how USO did not fix them in a timely manner. Shit, maybe I'm just unlucky but every USO scope I had (3/3) came with baggage attached to them (build problems) and I don't even use my scopes that hard. You want proof I actually owned USO? Look back to last year, I sold two of those USO scopes here on the hide at a DEEP discount. Simple fact of the matter is that USO has more "problems" than NF or S&B from what I have personally observed. There's a lot of USO cheerleading/koolaid going on here that drowns out reports from me and other posters warning of these issues and I'm just try to inform people that these things exist.

I like the USO crew personally, but when it comes to buying a reliable scope, they would be far from my first choice.

USO scopes (as any other brand) have had scopes with issues go out the door.
All I saw in your posts was an ST10 in perfect condition you sold (at a discount yes, but there was no disclusure of fixed "build problems" in your for sale post).
There are none (I found) posted in your available history that state what your problems were or how USO responded.

Alot of cheerleading/koolaid?

This couldn't have anything to do with overall customer satisfaction, huh?

If the majority of other users experiences match mine, two scopes I am quite happy with, then it's just cheerleading.
If you cannot be satisfied it's shit product.

State your case and leave it at that. Pretending to know what other posters motivations are makes your motivation highly suspect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO scopes (as any other brand) have had scopes with issues go out the door.
All I saw in your posts was an ST10 in perfect condition you sold (at a discount yes, but there was no disclusure of fixed "build problems" in your for sale post).
There are none (I found) posted in your available history that state what your problems were or how USO responded.

</div></div>

Guess he didnt really expect anyone to take the time to go through his history, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">USO scopes (as any other brand) have had scopes with issues go out the door.
There are none (I found) posted in your available history that state what your problems were or how USO responded.</div></div>

They were both in perfect condition: after months of sending back and forth to USO to have the issues corrected to my satisfaction. I would not sell anything that is less than 100% functional to my knowledge without mentioning it. After being "rebuilt" the scope was good as new according to USO if that counts for you.

As I stated previously, all my issues were corrected by them, but it took 2-3 months to get each scope back in each instance. In the future I personally will not buy USO because I do not want to deal with what I believe to be spotty QC. If you like USO and you have no problems, then ignore what I have to say. I am just putting this out there for the new guys who have not owned USO that there are issues there, because I wish that someone had told me that before I had committed to buying USO scopes.

Nice scope. Never thought about the knobs, and I'll file that away for future reference.

16-28 weeks for delivery. Sounds like LMT. Tought to wait that long, but it should be worth it.

B-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

They were both in perfect condition: after months of sending back and forth to USO to have the issues corrected to my satisfaction.

As I stated previously, all my issues were corrected by them, but it took 2-3 months to get each scope back in each instance. </div></div>

Not trying to start anything here, but Im in the market for a USO too and I was wondering what types of issues you had with them?

I'm not going to add fuel to the fire by arguing NF vs. USO. I've owned/own both and I'm 100% USO now.

Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy it...immensly!!

Love my USO SN-3.

I will second the comments on the windage knob. When I get around to ordering another USO I will get the covered windage knob. I have found my windage a click or two off when removing it from the bag on occasion. Since I usually hold for wind, I think it's a prudent choice. I originally went with the #3 M40 knobs so I can't just switch out the knob.

Jrose is that a 44mm objective or a the 58mm objective? I am curious because I am thinking of possibly having a USO made in the coming months.

Curious as to what rifles you see these scopes on at Camp Perry. After 7 trips there I've yet to see a USO on anything.

Who is shooting them on what rifles for what events?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious as to what rifles you see these scopes on at Camp Perry. After 7 trips there I've yet to see a USO on anything.

Who is shooting them on what rifles for what events? </div></div>

The few times I've been there including this last year, most the guys from the ADCO group had USO's along with the Michigan Sportsman group.
What range do you shoot on and what scope do you see there? At the Armalite table, it was just about all USO's
Curious that you can't recognize a USO scope from another. But as I get older my eyes get worse too.

Try answering my questions rather than questioning my vision - what events, what rifles, and what shooters.

9H knows USO's and is trying to help........ I know from experience.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jrose is that a 44mm objective or a the 58mm objective? I am curious because I am thinking of possibly having a USO made in the coming months. </div></div>

58 in low rings... Don't be scared, go big!

Congrats on the USO...Ive had three ST10's and now have settled on the SN3 1.8x10....customer service from these guys is absolutly top shelf...product does not disappoint!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try answering my questions rather than questioning my vision - what events, what rifles, and what shooters. </div></div>

sorry, but pissing matches aren't my thing.

Have a great day! This thread is done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot 2far4u2c</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try answering my questions rather than questioning my vision - what events, what rifles, and what shooters. </div></div>

sorry, but pissing matches aren't my thing.

Have a great day! This thread is done. </div></div>

You could learn alot and get good tips from people who have "been there, done that" all you have to do is listen..........
last time I checked, advice was free....

Does Perry do events other than tbe "national match"? That may be the issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Perry do events other than tbe "national match"? That may be the issue. </div></div>

Show me the program for a match at CP that is run while Armalite has their building staffed that is something other than the National Matches.

Just asking bro, it wasn't my comment originally......

I thought the original "USOs at Perry" comment odd myself.