• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Ordering a Custom .260 reamer

4Rail_Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2006
Stephenville, Texas
Everytime I get a 260 chamber done i have the throat specially cut to my specs.
Cost me 50 bucks extra.
I want to buy my own reamer so there is no guess work, we just chamber it till it headspaces and then the throat is already setup where I wanted it.

Is there a name for a certain reamer I could get that is setup for 139/142 bullets that are mag fed from an AI Mag?

Or do you just have to figure out the free bore you want and get a reamer built from that?

I figure In the long run the reamer will pay for itself.
The current reamer the gunsmith has is a 0 free bore reamer.

Re: Ordering a Custom .260 reamer

Call Dave Kiff @ PTG and order one from him. My main 260 match reamer has .100" free bore and works perfectly with the 139 Scenars at AI Mag length. Have him look up my reamer print if you like and use it, the neck is just right for Nosler and or RP 260 brass.

William
Is that the reamer used in my rifle?
I have now won 4 1000 yard steel matchs in a row shooting 130 bergers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4Rail_Gunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you Sir

I wonder how much room I would have for a 142 SMK with that freebore?
</div></div>

Not sure, I've never measured with them. I'm running the 130 Bergers and 139 scenars with it and they both shoot in dots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snafu12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William
Is that the reamer used in my rifle?
I have now won 4 1000 yard steel matchs in a row shooting 130 bergers </div></div>

It's the same reamer, it's a good one. Congrats on your wins, that 260 sure does shine.

+1 for Kiff call him up tell him what you just told us and he will spec the reamer out.