• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ordering rings and base today need help!!

Msprink05

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2008
WNC
Im ordering a base and rings today for a new savage model 10 308. Ive almost decided to call midway and order the egw base and burris xtr rings. I just cant get over how big and ugly the xtr's are. Does anybody have any other suggestions for me? My cash limit is $150

Thanks in adavance Matt.

Re: Ordering rings and base today need help!!

Matt,
If you can swing another $50 total, I highly recommend Seekins rings/base. They are as good as anything on the market. For the minimal upgrade in cost, you can rest assured that you made the right choice. Even if you need to save for a bit longer, that's the way to go. Scott at Liberty Optics has them in stock and shipped my medium 30mm rings and a rail for just over $200.

If you've not allready ordered and really want to stay below your $150 limit, you may want to look at the TPS rings. I have an EGW base and TPS rings on my Savage FP10 and really like the setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can i find tps rings? </div></div>
Not for sure if the place I ordered mine from is a sponsor here or not, so I won't post the name, but I'm pretty sure most any of the sponsors here should have them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fpdsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have TPS Rings. Thanks.

www.bigrivertactical.com

Donnie </div></div>
Guess he is a sponsor and great guy to deal with. That's where I got both sets of mine from.

I think the EGW base is pretty solid but I would definitely go with the Seekins rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im ordering a base and rings today for a new savage model 10 308. Ive almost decided to call midway and order the egw base and burris xtr rings. I just cant get over how big and ugly the xtr's are. Does anybody have any other suggestions for me? My cash limit is $150

Thanks in adavance Matt. </div></div>

I had a EGW now I have a WARNE 20MOA and WARN low fixed rings and they work as needed...for more options ..

I am in the midst of installing Warne Maxima Tactical Rings (Medium) and a Warne 20 MOA base on a new Savage 10fp. I like'em so far. C-:

Warne Numbers
Base M666-20MOA
Rings 614M

Midwayusa
# 619724 1 $97.99 Warne 1-Piece Tactical Picatinny Base
# 315562 1 $104.69 Warne 30mm Tactical Picatinny Rails

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the help i still havent decided but i need to get on the ball so i can shoot it next week. Might just go with the egw and tps though unless anybody has had a bad eperience with that combination.