• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Oregon coyote issue. How do I fix?

oregon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
Portland, Oregon
www.designavs.com
Have a local coyote problem and as the nearby farmers like them eating critters and they are getting thick sometimes more than 50 around the house it seems in the dark at night a few times a month and other times only a few. The huge pack makes lots of noise and eats my barn cats. They are not afraid of me and are in my yard often with marking spots 10' off my back porch. Is it legal to bait coyote in close enough to get them with a shotgun? Do we have to shoot them in the day as would be easier at night? Will the government help me with this as is not normal and getting worse or do I have to take matters into my own hands?

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/species/mammals/coyotes_wolves_foxes.asp

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2010/01/activists_oppose_coyote_derby.html

http://audubonportland.org/backyardwildlife/brochures/coyote/urbancoyotes

Re: Oregon coyote issue. How do I fix?

Dang this place works fast! Working out details with 264win about him coming here to do some trapping or something, we have already talked about it on the phone and have a plan to make a plan
wink.gif
This could take a few weeks or maybe even a few months but seems 264win is my solution. So will keep you posted. Thank you for checking this out have already had awesome ideas shared.

I'd like to try catching your problem coyotes with sight hounds. Swift and silent, released of slip leads when coyote is too far from cover. Send me an email, if you are interested.

Why can't you just hunt them? Do you not have a rifle to hunt them with or just the shotgun? As long as its your property and you won't be breaking any laws by firing a weapon or killing a coyote, I say take are of them yourself....

“Predatory Animals” means coyotes,
rabbits, rodents and feral swine which
are or may be destructive to agricultural
crops.

yotes are defined as a “predatory animal”.
Hunting predatory animals on private land does not
require a hunting license, but you must
have landowner permission to act as their
agent.

As long as you aren't within city limits that prohibits shooting, you can kill as many coyotes as you want 24/7/365. They are cautious so it will be difficult to get them within shotgun range, but .22LR kills them just fine. Most people use a .223 or .22-250, set up at the edge of a field, start calling, and watch downwind. If no luck, move a half mile after 30 minutes and try again.