• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

_RJ_

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2010
OR, AK
Here's this years elk. American Precision Arms APR .308 w/ S&B 3-12x50 165gr Nosler AccuBond.

33xzr6u.jpg

Re: Oregon Elk

Congrats on the bull. Are you happy with the accubond bullets. A friend of mine swears by them and I am going to give the a try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredjake1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the bull. Are you happy with the accubond bullets. A friend of mine swears by them and I am going to give the a try.</div></div>
I have yet to have one fail me. Definitely give them a try, if you don't reload I have had very consistent loads with the Nosler Custom Trophy Grade box ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Know Better</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White balance is horrible and the "hunter" is out of skin. </div></div>

Your first 4 posts here tell me you wont be around long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Know Better</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White balance is horrible and the "hunter" is out of skin. </div></div>

Congrats on the fine bull!

"Know Better" You are really making a name for yourself! You made a dumbass post on my thread too.

Go somewhere! All your post's are awful and negative. Debating is one thing, calling someone a dumb phuck like you did on the other topic is uncalled for.

It is his choice what to harvest for meat and what clothes to put on to hunt in. I have went in blue jeans a few times myself.

Congrats to the OP!

That's a nice elk! Where were you hunting? My season 1 Chetco Unit starts Saturday. Friday I scouted a heard with 3 five points, one four point and two spikes. Wish I'd had a radio collar for one of them....

Thank's everyone. My freezers are just about full. I hope to fill the rest with some steelhead in the coming weeks

KIMO - I was hunting the Northside Unit. I was after this wide (beyond belief) 6x6 and then he took his herd to private ground opening morning and never moved
frown.gif

Congratulations on the bull and thanks for postin up the pic. Just curious, what was the distance of the shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations on the bull and thanks for postin up the pic. Just curious, what was the distance of the shot? </div></div>

He couldn't have been more than 30 yards, I was worried about powder burns
smile.gif

I was clearing this draw when I heard some movement so i took a squat behind a juniper and out walked this elk. He just kept walking towards me so I finally stood up and walked out in the open and said "Hey elk whats going on today?" he just stood there looking at me chewing some grass. I thought "man I should just put one in the boiler room" then for some reason he just turned broad side and it seemed like he was just waiting for me to shoot him. The rest is history. And yes I mean 30 (three zero) yards.

I have been fortunate this year in regards to hunting. My 4pt mule deer was harvested while I was eating breakfast. I walked outside to the porch, shot him, finished my eggs and bacon, had one more cup of coffee then went out to take care of him.
npibk8.jpg

I've done the same thing at lunch time at my parents. Always a gun handy when it is rifle season in WI. Never know when they will pop out.