• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon passes Measure 114

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The old 51% / 49% rule......

Only 4 our of 36 counties passed this legislation. This is how the Communist will take over... By 1% at a time

The 36 need to surround the 4 and not let anything in nor out. It’s the same in every state where ther is a major metropolitan area, the inmates run the asylum and they vote like idiots because their world view is devoid of reason. Talks about this lunacy in the Bible and it’s going to get worse, a lot worse, before it get better.

The old 51% / 49% rule......

Only 4 our of 36 counties passed this legislation. This is how the Communist will take over... By 1% at a time

Let hope the other 31 county Sheriffs have the guts to do what this one just did:

Quote:
She outlined her guiding principle, “I want to ensure anything we do or don’t do will not hinder gunowners’ rights to purchase firearms, intentionally or unintentionally.”

Good job Linn county!!

Let hope the other 31 county Sheriffs have the guts to do what this one just did:

Quote:
She outlined her guiding principle, “I want to ensure anything we do or don’t do will not hinder gunowners’ rights to purchase firearms, intentionally or unintentionally.”

Good job Linn county!!
1668184648003.png

Purple Counties were the 51%
There is a movement in Eastern Oregon to withdraw from Oregon and become part of Idaho. I was a resident of Oregon while working on high tech construction projects and got to witness how the theives in the Legislature have things rigged. Eastern Oregon residents pay taxes and the money goes to the I-5 Corridor, Liberal counties. When I left Oregon, I never looked back... Left some good people behind.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I live in Deschutes County in Central Oregon ... a very Pro-2nd-Amendment part of Oregon. I'm hoping that (a) the measure gets killed by the courts as unconstitutional, and/or (b) our local sheriff also refuses to enforce it. Time will tell how this all plays out ... what a huge disappointment !!!

I hate this fooking state.

Gimme 3 years and I’m out.

I’ll come back to fish but I’ll be damned if I pay taxes here again.

I remember when Clint Smith left Hill Country for Oregon. Times have changed.

View attachment 7996748
There is a movement in Eastern Oregon to withdraw from Oregon and become part of Idaho. I was a resident of Oregon while working on high tech construction projects and got to witness how the theives in the Legislature have things rigged. Eastern Oregon residents pay taxes and the money goes to the I-5 Corridor, Liberal counties. When I left Oregon, I never looked back... Left some good people behind.
I think the problem really just lies in two places: Multnomah and Washington counties.

Those two alone contain the asshole idiots in enough numbers to pull the state wherever they want. The other counties like Lane, Benton and Lincoln, even though they squeaked out a "pass" don't have enough to sway the entire state like the other 2.

Up to now, Oregon has been relatively good concerning gun laws, keeping them lax enough to provide comfort. Up to now, I was fine if Portland and its ilk wanted to destroy themselves, go ahead. Now that they are starting to impose their idiocy and authority over me and mine, I'm starting to question my future residency.

Reactions: DCAN
I hate this fooking state.

Gimme 3 years and I’m out.

I’ll come back to fish but I’ll be damned if I pay taxes here again.
This is the first time I'm considering a move. But the fishing! That is the one thing that has my brain tied up in indecision right now. I can't give up the steelhead, can I? I'm addicted to the pursuit of those aquatic chrome beasts.

I think the problem really just lies in two places: Multnomah and Washington counties.

Those two alone contain the asshole idiots in enough numbers to pull the state wherever they want. The other counties like Lane, Benton and Lincoln, even though they squeaked out a "pass" don't have enough to sway the entire state like the other 2.

Up to now, Oregon has been relatively good concerning gun laws, keeping them lax enough to provide comfort. Up to now, I was fine if Portland and its ilk wanted to destroy themselves, go ahead. Now that they are starting to impose their idiocy and authority over me and mine, I'm starting to question my future residency.
Back around 2006 I got to know a guy named Bruce Starr who was a State Senator from Hillsboro. He was vary patient and did a lot of explaining about Oregon politics. I was fortunate enough to sit with him, at his desk, while the Oregon legislature was in session. Politically, that was an excellent situation to be a mentor and learn how things really worked. One of his sayings was "As Portland goes, so goes the State".... I also got to know Bruce Starr's Polar Opposite, Sara Gelser (Now a State Senator) in 2005. I joked with Sara and told her her constituents were "The Shopper's Of Walmart". Those Walmart shoppers have continued to elect her for 17 years. She may be Governor one day. Not much has changed, politically, in Oregon over the past 20 years.

And then after being ruled unconstitutional, they should all be drawn and quartered......period.

These people have homes and families.....not saying you should retaliate, but they are people......

Doc

And then after being ruled unconstitutional, they should all be drawn and quartered......period.

These people have homes and families.....not saying you should retaliate, but they are people......

Doc
I went there with that attitude. Eventually it sunk in that I was better off to move on.... So I did.
In all fairness, some of the best people I know have chosen to continue to reside there... As stated above they are the hunters, fishermen and outdoorsmen.

Quote:

Good job Linn county!!

The next thing will be the Democrats blowing money to unseat these sheriffs. They tried that where I lived in California because our sheriff was a cowboy libertarian. Democrats brought up some sleazebag from the bay area to challenge him every election cycle.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
This is the first time I'm considering a move. But the fishing! That is the one thing that has my brain tied up in indecision right now. I can't give up the steelhead, can I? I'm addicted to the pursuit of those aquatic chrome beasts.

I am planning on a move to Grants Pass. Arizona gun laws are nice but everything else sucks. I miss the forests, lakes, trees, fishing, hunting. Wind blows all the damn time.

Well, warshington follows orygun and vis versa. warshington is in the process of strangling sportfishing, so orygun won't be far behind. warshington outlawed 10+ round mags and made the process of purchasing a firearm more onerous. But orygun just leapfrogged warshington in the firearm restriction department.

Last edited:
This will never pass a 2nd amendment test in any court that has a judge(s) with an operating brain that shows an IQ score greater than a jellyfish

This will never pass a 2nd amendment test in any court that has a judge(s) with an operating brain that shows an IQ score greater than a jellyfish
yeah but how long is that process? weeks, months, years, decades.

then they can do what MD did, sure we'll allow carry permits now, but onerous 16 hour training, high fees, and oh by the way we really limited where you can actually carry.

the prob is they can make these unconstitutional bs laws, with ZERO repercussions to them (no personal fines, no jail time, etc), but you and i violate those illegal laws and we're in the pokey.

Reactions: brianf
if Oregon makes the safety course free and taken online and in person, it get it passed

once the course is free, then its not financial discrimination and not limiting anyone from getting a firearm as long as they have access to the physical class and online class

Its that way in almost all states. Virginia which I just left had 100 of 106 counties become 2a Sanctuary areas but Nova and Richmond call the shots.

Texas? Houston, DFW, San Antonio, Austin run the place and it will go blue shortly.

Changing population demographic is likely unstoppable.

If it doesn’t get overturned I’m moving back out of here.

Sheriffs not enforcing the mag part is one thing but there is not a single FFL that will be able to sell you a gun without following the law. You agree to follow all state and local laws as a provision of having an FFL. By July next year you won’t be able to buy a gun without the training and permit in Oregon. And you won’t be able to buy 11+ round mags from anywhere legitimate only the black and gray markets.

• Sad
Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Just my .02, and you might already know, but be ready for Jo county (Josephine) and grants pass….it’s an interesting place. The criminal justice system and LE down there are overwhelmed and don’t get support from the majority of county residents. It’s been a crisis down there for at least a decade. MJ dominates everything and brings in bad folks from across the US to produce and export it. And with 110 passing back in 2020 it’s been even worse. Crime is crazy there. But on the plus side they do have an In-N-Out!
I am planning on a move to Grants Pass. Arizona gun laws are nice but everything else sucks. I miss the forests, lakes, trees, fishing, hunting. Wind blows all the damn time.

Reactions: DuneBoer
Just my .02, and you might already know, but be ready for Jo county (Josephine) and grants pass….it’s an interesting place. The criminal justice system and LE down there are overwhelmed and don’t get support from the majority of county residents. It’s been a crisis down there for at least a decade. MJ dominates everything and brings in bad folks from across the US to produce and export it. And with 110 passing back in 2020 it’s been even worse. Crime is crazy there. But on the plus side they do have an In-N-Out!
1668223056996.png

I just moved back to Douglas County after being gone for 40 years. Lots of things have changed here. Lots of meth, homeless, theft. You are correct about 110. That was the beginning of the end. Legalizing MJ has just made it easier for the DTO's to operate openly. LE is overwhelmed. Most of the dope grown in Oregon now is just being smuggled to other states where its still illegal. Jo county is one step beyond. Cave Junction, Rogue River are a freak show. Downtown Roseburg is the same. Interestingly I noticed after spending some time in Oakland Oregon they had no homeless camps or zombies wandering the streets. Local told me, "Wasteoids don't come over the hill from Sutherlin for some reason." Then he smiled.

Last edited:
I live in Deschutes County in Central Oregon ... a very Pro-2nd-Amendment part of Oregon. I'm hoping that (a) the measure gets killed by the courts as unconstitutional, and/or (b) our local sheriff also refuses to enforce it. Time will tell how this all plays out ... what a huge disappointment !!!
Very pro 2A? your county barely voted against it, hopefully it’s not changing for the worse
40E35DA6-1866-46FE-8E1A-1417EC37E89E.png

View attachment 7996748
Who says Idaho wants them?

2 days after I turned 18 I left Oregon for Alaska. Its been almost 20 years now. I can tell you without a doubt Alaska has better and bigger fish/fishing than Oregon in EVERY category.

I just moved back to Douglas County after being gone for 40 years. Lots of things have changed here. Lots of meth, homeless, theft. You are correct about 110. That was the beginning of the end. Legalizing MJ has just made it easier for the DTO's to operate openly. LE is overwhelmed. Most of the dope grown in Oregon now is just being smuggled to other states where its still illegal. Jo county is one step beyond. Cave Junction, Rogue river are a freak show. Downtown Roseburg is the same. Interestingly I noticed after spending some time in Oakland Oregon they had no homeless camps or zombies wandering the streets. Local told me, "Wasteoids don't come over the hill from Sutherlin for some reason." Then he smiled.
I live in Eugene so I can’t really talk or complain about Jo county. Overall it’s super tough here in Oregon now. West of the cascades is pretty much done, gone left and never coming back. It’s moving east as well, deschutes, hood river counties etc. but you gotta go east to escape it and when you do you lose the ocean, valley, rain forests and plentiful water that make the west side beautiful. I love the east side too but they have no voice and get stuck with what the metro voters decide, so you can’t escape it. Greater Idaho is very intriguing, but it’ll never happen. The politicians who live in PDX who wear patagonia will never give away all the natural resources, value and beauty that eastern oregon possesses. It comes down to this: I love the geography, resources, and climate but I can’t stand 75% of the people. There are zero consequences for criminals and the solution to every problem is to place more burden on the working folks whether it’s more money, less protections, and worse quality of life. And the tax burden and how they spend my tax money is too much to stomach. It breaks my heart and it’ll be really tough but when I retire in 3+ years we are likely looking at leaving for somewhere with a better quality of life.

In my unscientific research... GUN OWNERS as a whole do not vote for gun related issues...

Pro2A individuals vote but they do not have enough numbers to make a difference.

Anyone who lives in OR knows exactly how many ads there were AGAINST 114... Close to ZERO. I think I saw one ad... Lasting 15 second and it was created by a 2nd grader with the typical "muh rights" message.🙄 Yet, everything supporting 114 was everywhere: internet, TV, radio, billboards, entrances businesses, etc.

There are thousands of men like you and I right now. The problem is where do you go?? We've missed the window for affordability. Alot of the people that proceeded us soured the locals to dispise outsiders and priced them out of their own market. Like you, I despise....loath the politics and most of the people in my shithole state. It's the geography for me. I can be at 7000plus feet an hour from my house.....shooting lingcod in the ocean 2hours away.....etc. I've decided to just live my life.....be as ungovernable as possible. Yeah....the tax man cometh but I still screw him when I can. We've reached the point of no real escape. There's no where to go worth giving up the things you love. Just my humble opinion from many sleepless nights trying to figure it out. And I've got them damn silver fish here also.....if the state will stop "restoring" the river....it might get worth going again.

Reactions: Alaskanhider
Now that a majority of the country lives in metropolitan areas, rest assured that this will become the norm. Every state will gradually capsize to the left because of the entitlement culture and absolute laziness which is foundational to most that live in high-density populated areas. They are there for a reason. Work, shopping, family/friends, entertainment. All within a short walk or drive. I mean, for fuck sake, look how popular Grub Hub and Door Dash have become. These folk would rather pay $10+ to have food delivered than cook it themselves or even go the 3 blocks to pick it up.

The systems in place (education and welfare) within the cities is now designed to pump out victims that only Papa Gubment can save. I blow folks minds every time I point out that government will never solve a single fucking issue because then they'd not be needed to swoop in and save the day.

There's no where to go worth giving up the things you love.
A lot of the problem is that we should never be running from our homes to find freedom. When ol' Georgey Warshington and the boys got fed up, the only place they decided they COULD go was to TAKE their liberties back.

Who says Idaho wants them?

Idaho would love to have a deep water port like Coos Bay, it would pump millions of dollars into the economy. If this ever happened I would become a resident in a heart beat. It can be done but it’s a lot of work.
7666DE45-AB6F-4BCC-BE2F-C0A4E9682240.jpeg
A4EFA24D-040F-4A34-9244-57887ABCA723.png

Last edited:
In my unscientific research... GUN OWNERS as a whole do not vote for gun related issues...

Pro2A individuals vote but they do not have enough numbers to make a difference.

Anyone who lives in OR knows exactly how many ads there were AGAINST 114... Close to ZERO. I think I saw one ad... Lasting 15 second and it was created by a 2nd grader with the typical "muh rights" message.🙄 Yet, everything supporting 114 was everywhere: internet, TV, radio, billboards, entrances businesses, etc.
Makes sense right? Money given in support or opposition to the measure and spent on campaign:

Roughly 3 million dollars in support, only 175k in opposition. Major donors in support were Connie Ballmer, wife of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, worth about 90 billion. Nick Hanauer, another billionaire, the sixteen thirty fund, etc. do any of them live in Oregon? I bet you can guess.

Oh yea, and educators. The NEA gave 1/2 a million….

The info on it is interesting…campaign finance info is about 1/2 way down.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Idaho would love to have a deep water port like Coos Bay, it would pump millions of dollars into the economy. If this ever happened I would become a resident in a heart beat. It can be done but it’s a lot of work.
View attachment 7997220View attachment 7997221
Trust me, you don't want Redding.

Have you ever been bass fishing? Tossing jigs in the rocks and having a smallmouth nail it is exhilarating.
Ripping top-water buzz baits across the weeds and having a largemouth smash it is something amazing.

Having a trout suck up a lure and pull gently is boring. Kinda like walleye, they're for eating, not for fun.

Funny as Fuck they pretty much legalize drugs and then turn around and say we have a meth epidemic because the cartels are using the old propanol meth recipe the bikers used to make back in the day.

You just can’t make this shit up, Fuckem let them hang themselves.

Warned folks of this very thing years ago.
All I heard was "tax dollars".
Name me one state that was an early adopter of recreational that isn't a overran blue shithole/bluepolicies?

R

View attachment 7997220View attachment 7997221
This poll is with 4000 people. How about the other 2 million that live in Idaho. How about someone ask the rest of Idaho if they want to deal with your problems. E Oregon wants this. Idaho wants nothing to do with Oregon. North Idaho has even stronger feeling about Oregon and Washington residents moving here.

I have a bunch of family there, never heard about crime but the pot farms are all over the damn place and the town is super crowded in comparison with ten years ago.

Reactions: LilGucci