• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon Sniper Challenge Results w/pics(Heavy)

Sumpter Steve

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2006
Gresham, Oregon
Thanks to our many sponsors you guys are the best!!!! I would also like to thank all the competitors and Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. This was my first time running an event and I had a blast.

- US OPTICS
- Leupold
- Hornady
- NW Survival Skills
- Extreme Products
- Smith & Wesson
- GLOCK
- LaRue Tactical
- Seeking Precision
- Terra Firma Ghillie
- Storm Tactical
- Bauer Arms
- T.I.S.
- BLACKHAWK
- Chuck Mawhinney
- Index Fasteners Inc.
- Benchmade

Winners:

Top Gun: LoneWolfUSMC.

1st Place Team: Lance/Brandon.

2nd Place Team: Loren/Raymond.

3rd Place Team: Frank/Alex.

(Chuck Mawhinney)Shit Happens Award: Joe/Pat.

Top Gas Gun: Frank

LEO Sniper Award: Alex (King CO.)

SniperShoot2009080.jpg

SniperShoot2009047.jpg

SniperShoot2009057.jpg

Re: Oregon Sniper Challenge Results w/pics(Heavy)

Yet More...

600 yard silhouette.
SniperShoot2009108.jpg

SniperShoot2009106.jpg

Checking out the AO.
SniperShoot2009025.jpg

There are 12 snipers stalking through here.
SniperShoot2009026.jpg

Had a good time Steve, thanks for putting on a good event.

I will definitely shoot this again. It was a good learning experience and my boy had a blast too.

Big thanks to Steve for all his work. It was a ton of fun and had some challenging stages. Thanks to the sponsors for some awsome prizes. I came away from it with a certificate for a brand new USO scope for my rifle! I also scored a new MOD pocket knife, a Terra Firma Ghillie veil (which Torfinn now gets to call his own), and a signed photo from Chuck Mawhinney which will find a place of honor on my wall.

I just wanted to thank Torfinn for his effort as my partner. He did an outstanding job on his first stalk and listened intently to all my rambling. We didn't take top team, but there wasn't anyone else that I would have rather partnered up with.

I will definitly make an attemp to drag my butt out here again next year.

Lastly, thanks to Steve and his wife for letting me crash at their place and refusing to let me pay for my own meals.

It looks and sounds like one heck of a match, with some very welcome hospitality for out-of-towners.
Now I'm sorry that I missed it.

Me and Joe had a great time and hope to see everyone again next year (we will practice our stalking). Steve ran a very smooth and fun event, and know everyone had a great time.

We got to see guys we've shot with before and meet a lot of new guys that i hope to see again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big thanks to Steve for all his work. It was a ton of fun and had some challenging stages. Thanks to the sponsors for some awsome prizes. I came away from it with a certificate for a brand new USO scope for my rifle! I also scored a new MOD pocket knife, a Terra Firma Ghillie veil (which Torfinn now gets to call his own), and a signed photo from Chuck Mawhinney which will find a place of honor on my wall.

I just wanted to thank Torfinn for his effort as my partner. He did an outstanding job on his first stalk and listened intently to all my rambling. We didn't take top team, but there wasn't anyone else that I would have rather partnered up with.

I will definitly make an attemp to drag my butt out here again next year.

Lastly, thanks to Steve and his wife for letting me crash at their place and refusing to let me pay for my own meals. </div></div>

I gotta agree Steve did a great job setting this up and running the show I had a blast. The vendors involved will be getting thank you letters and future patronage from me that's for certain, the community support involved in these events definitely says something of the quality of individuals still working hard in this country.

I learned more in this competition than I've learned in any of my other shooting experiences. I almost feel like I should've been paying LonewolfUSMC as a coach instead of shooting alongside him, despite how easily approachable and friendly he is his professionalism and experience are without question world class and I was incredibly lucky to have him as a partner for this match.

I know PatM and his partner are going to bring their A-game next year, but should you make it back out this way I believe I'll have my technical difficulties sorted out and we'll have a real battle going.

smile.gif

I realized after much pondering and looking at my targets I'd been dicking with my zero the night before when we first met up thinking I'd get a good idea in motion by switching to 200. My cold bore pre-match and probably a little pull on my part put me on when I should've been at 200. I was about 1/2 mil deep into the hostages neck where most of these actually woulda landed in the hostage taker.

Bout the same on my 600 extra elevation was needed. I learned a ton here and have a homework list of familiarity with my equipment to build.

All that aside I had a great time and can't wait for the next match.

I hope to get to shoot with LonewolfUSMC again it was definitely a great learning experience.

Also I should add thanks for the Ghillie veil man, you're a very generous guy and I really appreciate it I assure you I'll be taking everything I learned and hopefully have more opportunities to put it to good use.

It was something else watchin your sneaky ass on the stalk. You are definitely "one with the woods".

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me and Joe had a great time and hope to see everyone again next year (we will practice our stalking). Steve ran a very smooth and fun event, and know everyone had a great time.

We got to see guys we've shot with before and meet a lot of new guys that i hope to see again. </div></div>

It sure was cool to meet you guys and shoot alongside you ya'll are some funny mofos with some awesome equipment.

I definitely hope to get to shoot with you again sometime in the near future.

Keep an eye out on Westcoasttactical for our matches up in Washington State. Hope you can come up for couple shoots we will have this summer. Redman's match is coming up and is sure to be fun. (Spokane area)

It was something else watchin your sneaky ass on the stalk. You are definitely "one with the woods".

I gotta say I agree with you 100%. LoneWolfUSMC is one sneeky bastard. I was walking all over those woods(walker) and not once did I see him. In fact, it wasn't until I heard him yell out "I said Bang. Over." that I knew his general location. I started walking over to the noise and scanning the area when all of a sudden he came into focus and there he was sitting out in the open in the classic "sitting" position with a perfect firing solution on the spotter. He actually looked like a stump and blended in perfectly. It was a really impressive display of fieldcraft. Great Job. I also have to give my buddy (Mr45auto's) son Thomas a big round of applause. He was the first one done with the stalk and got to the 200 point line in about 25 minutes. This was impressive. Not bad for a 17 year old. Thomas and his father also shot very well as always, with his pappy outshooting him this time but only by a slight margin. I will also say that LoneWolf, Vikingwitharifle, and Thomas all had the best spotter watching for them and they still got it done. Good job guys, glad you had fun. Steve. BTW. Thomas missed the "Top Gas Gun" award by only "4" lousy points. Like father, like son they both can shoot very well.

I did not compete in this comp, but I did watch. I saw a considerable amount of skill and a wide variety of experience. All in all, I would say it was a good turn out and I will be competing next time if I am around. Congrats to those who won. Had a good time meeting some of you all and chating on the sidelines.

11B