• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oregon's private little Disneyland

But no SBRs....

Oregon is a great state and great people ruined by Portland. Same with Washington. Idaho probably not far behind. Damnit

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Ok well how much is a day pass?
Probably more politicking than I'm will to do. But that does look like an entertaining course to run in the boat. I'd definitely lobby for a 3 day pass at that park.

My brother has a sbr with a silencer in p-town. I miss the woods every day a little more. Texas is great but it has no public land i miss real run and gun pistol drills

Down in S.E. Oregon past French Glen there are plenty of great places to shoot. You can stay in French Glen, or across the street from the famous French Glen hotel is a place where you can rent some decent single wide mobile homes for a place to stay,. If you are really smart, you can reserve a spot for the family style meals at the French Glen hotel...their food is GREAT!

I have been there a number of times, and would go to the hotel for breakfast, buy a lunch to go, spend the day shooting, then come back put the guns away and clean up in time for dinner at the hotel. We never had to cook, and spend days shooting at any distance you want. It was easy to find places to shoot over 1000 yards.

If you go to the Alvord desert, there was a really neat hot springs you can soak in...shoot, soak, shoot some more on the way back, then dinner at the hotel.

I don't have any financial connection with either place, I did have plenty of great times there though.

Who knows.....could be anyone.
Seems to be the look for the newer generations of shooters showing up at the ranges around here. Enthusiastic, large collections of nicer high-end tactical oriented equipment, educated in their shooting discipline(s) with reasonable skills. I imagine "that" group is responsible for decent portion of annual firearm and gear sales nationwide.

Reactions: 308pirate
Seems to be the look for the newer generations of shooters showing up at the ranges around here. Enthusiastic, large collections of nicer high-end tactical oriented equipment, educated in their shooting discipline(s) with reasonable skills. I imagine "that" group is responsible for decent portion of annual firearm and gear sales nationwide.
Agree that's where my gun culture 2.0 comment came from.

Down in S.E. Oregon past French Glen there are plenty of great places to shoot. You can stay in French Glen, or across the street from the famous French Glen hotel is a place where you can rent some decent single wide mobile homes for a place to stay,. If you are really smart, you can reserve a spot for the family style meals at the French Glen hotel...their food is GREAT!

I have been there a number of times, and would go to the hotel for breakfast, buy a lunch to go, spend the day shooting, then come back put the guns away and clean up in time for dinner at the hotel. We never had to cook, and spend days shooting at any distance you want. It was easy to find places to shoot over 1000 yards.

If you go to the Alvord desert, there was a really neat hot springs you can soak in...shoot, soak, shoot some more on the way back, then dinner at the hotel.

I don't have any financial connection with either place, I did have plenty of great times there though.
FWIW - Frenchglenn is the red marker.
i-qrFRNgb-X2.jpg

That's like saying NY is a great State, except for a few cesspools...

Oregon isn't quite down to NY's level yet, but it's coming...

Had to have the obligatory guy with fake operator gun culture 2.0 beard

Yep! Or the guys that show up at a range decked completely out, full plates and all to "run some 556". Sweating gravy like they just ran a mile... TAC Beard optional.

1.jpg

They again, you are likely to also run across this specimen also...

• Haha
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
LOL!

I just inherited my Father in laws Sach-Dolmar 120si saw last week. Those boys would wet themselves running this 1987 68cc hot rod saw. :sneaky:

i-J3qBgLT-XL.jpg

i-T4xSgHX-XL.jpg

Reactions: 1J04 and Soulezoo
Yep! Or the guys that show up at a range decked completely out, full plates and all to "run some 556". Sweating gravy like they just ran a mile... TAC Beard optional.

View attachment 7152774

They again, you are likely to also run across this specimen also...

Well those "men" would have had real issues with my ported high compression ms 460 with a 28 in bar. It had a slight cold start issue.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and AIAW
Use to dirt bike/hunt, in the Coastal Range, around Trask. Use to love watching D8/9 Cats cutting fire breaks/skid roads (off the sides of mountains), around the logging operations there. Use to sit and watch for hours. Mac:cool:

Reactions: Sieg
I've got a Dolmar. Good saw.

You don't see them on the west coast. All Husky or Stihl here.

I have some land just north of Bonanza. Pretty country.

Well those "men" would have had real issues with my ported high compression ms 460 with a 28 in bar. It had a slight cold start issue.
My Dolmar was bought new in Coos Bay. ;)

Oregon get's a bad rap, but there's actually good times to be had away from the few metro cesspools focused on by the media.

We're also the home of Tannerite….. poor Swan. :sneaky:

I waaaaant that Tatra 813!

Reactions: Sieg