• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Organizing 'Favorites' in Ballistics FTE...

Petey

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2010
Minnesota
Has anyone had success in organizing their list of 'Favorites' in Ballistics FTE? I can't seem to find a way to reorganize the list in anything other than the chronological default of when each favorite was added.

It would be nice to be able to move items around and group them by weapon/ammo combination.

Thanks in advance-

Re: Organizing 'Favorites' in Ballistics FTE...

Haven't tried, but then I only keep 3-4. Try contacting the author. I bet he'd be receptive to adding that ability: [email protected]

I he's pretty good at customer service. He listens to the consumers.

I'm trying to contact Jonathan - without success so far.

I have a problem with Favorites - stored profiles do not keep (nor allow to set/edit) Projectile name. Instead they're stuck with "Custom Projectile" if you either add a bullet that's not in his library (such as Berger 0.338 Hybrid 300gr), or change one of the listed bullets from G1 to G7 BC. This creates a problem when you make a comparison graph for several profiles/projectiles.

And I hoped to get his help in entering stepped BC.

So far - no response to email, and no response to Bug Report submitted via iTunes App Store.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I think Jonathan is registered on SH - does anybody know his user id?</span>

Tnx!

P.S. On the off-chance that he's on this site and sees this thread - here's a copy my my email:

<span style="font-style: italic">Jonathan,

I'm trying to get in touch with you regarding your nice program Ballistic FTE v2.3.10 (the latest released, I believe).

First – the problem. I seem to be unable to store a new or a modified Projectile with a name different from "Custom Projectile". When I store a profile – e.g. after changing BC from G1 to G7 – projectile's name changes to "Custom Projectile" regardless of how I name the saved profile (Favorite) itself. In general this is an inconvenience – but it becomes a problem when one tries to compare several projectiles/loads on Ballistic or Wind Drift charts/graphs. Then – especially if the projectiles are of the same caliber and weight (such as 0.338 Sierra MK 300gr and Berger Hybrid 300gr) – all one sees is a set of curves each labeled 0.338 Custom Projectile 300gr. Could you change/fix this please?

Probably related to this is my other problem or question: I seem to be unable to either edit an entry in the Projectiles library, or add a new one. I seem to only be able to add a new Profile/Favorite. Am I missing something, or is the library intentionally "un-editable"?

Yet another question – for some projectiles I have stepped G7 BC. Naturally I'd prefer to use it – but I saw no way of adding stepped BC, even though your program clearly supports it. Could you help me here please?

I've sent you email from my home account and submitted a bug report via App Store (iTunes), but haven't heard back from you. So – now knowing if your spam filter killed my previous email – I'm sending you this one, assuming that your spam filter won't block it.

Thank you! And hope to hear back from you regarding these issues.</span>

Got an answer from Jonathan today. He said that those features aren't in the current release, but he added them to the list of TO-DO things for future releases.

I've appreciated that he and Brad (JBM) and Sean (Shooter) have all been pretty responsive to the shooting community. For instance, I asked Zdziarski if he would put in an option for rounding off mil drops, e.g. 4.3 instead of 4.27, since at the time the only other option was to use 1/10 miles, e.g. 42.7. On my NF and Premier turrets it's just faster to go with the 1 mil marks.

OK, great!

I didn't want to push Jonathan to commit to a release date
wink.gif
- how long did it take for him to implement your suggestion?

Also, how do I contact Brad? I've a suggestion for him too - to add the option of Zeroing Weather to his online calculator.

<span style="font-style: italic">P.S. Never mind - just sent him email via his Web site. Let's see when/what he responds.
grin.gif
</span>

Tnx!