• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Origin Prefit Carbon

GibsonL5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2018
TX
Do any of the carbon fiber barrel makers offer a 18" carbon fiber pre fit barrel for the zermatt origin action? I assembled my first rifle last month, but now wanting something more compact for hunting. Need a 18" carbon fiber prefit for origin with 5/8x24 threads for suppressor in either 6 creed, 6.5 creed, or maybe 308

As far as manufacturers Carbon6 will make a custom prefit for you. On proof blanks, there were several shops that will spin up a prefit for you pva, straight jacket etc., though you would have to check to see if they are still doing it. You can also buy a blank and send it to a smith chamber for the origin (i.e. LRI).

I've had LRI chamber 2 barrels for my Big Horn actions and both have been perfect with extremely reasonable lead times.

Reactions: Digetydog
Front Range Precision has an Origin .308 in 20”
Or a TL3 6.5 creed in 20” (order an HLR lug)
Both in stock.

Nice savings over a blank and smith fees.

Or pay Rush fees for one from PVA that is steel, not carbon.
Can be had in 3b profile though.
Price will be darn close on all.

Have had good luck with the Proofs and have had buddies with the same.

Also read stories……

On a timeline and needed accuracy I would contact PVA for a Prefit.
Altus makes badass lasers too, not sure if they make carbon or light profiles.

Reactions: Junco Grande