• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Origin xm mdt acc xm compatibility

5Pweld

Private
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2017
I have an Origin XM action and an MDt ACC XM chassis. They are both new and just took delivery of the chassis Wednesday. I asked MDT prior to ordering, if the two where compatible. The answer I got was, they weren’t sure. Zermatt wasn’t sure. So I called a few distributors, they verified that the new ACC’s would fit the Origin XM action. So I ordered one.

Unfortunately the rear action screw is of by about an 1/8”. Called MDT thinking there was a problem. They said it wouldn’t fit.

So my question is, has anyone milled the action screw out on an ACC XM to accommodate a Lone Peak or Zermatt XM action?

Once I receive a MDT XM magazine, I will confirm fit and consider milling the rear screw hole to fit the action.

Attachments

• 8EB65F7F-64C4-424C-B478-D50166419A3A.jpeg
    8EB65F7F-64C4-424C-B478-D50166419A3A.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 58
Zermatt, stiller and lone peak "medium" actions are not XM length. They've never claimed XM. Defiance XM is their own one off thing. Now defiance is making the XM+ which is same same everyone else's medium. This is what happens when you try do your own thing. The industry supports the more readily available popular option. With defiance being a year plus out and them rasing their prices 30% I'd bet their popularity will decline.
You're choice to mill the rear action screw makes perfect sense pending magazine fitment. I also have an origin medium for a 65saum build. Received my McMillan game warden 2.0 stock, and unfortunately McMillan didn't realize the origin bolt is swept compared to a tl3/sr3, and it needs redone or modified. So now waiting on that.

Reactions: MechanicGino
Update, I finally received an MDT XM mag to check the fit with the action. I milled the back action screw hole on the chassis 3/32” using a 9/32 end mill towards the rear of the stock. It was successful. The lug is against the stop and both action screws secure it down like it was a factory fit. I’m satisfied. I will try and post pictures in a few days.

Reactions: MechanicGino