• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Original Unertl USMC Sniper Scope refurbished by US Optics

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    Original Unertl USMC Sniper Scope that has been refurbished by USoptics. We have two more on the way. Unertl SN# 1091 looks like it never has been mounted. We have SN# 1094 and 1095 on the way.
    6193_564601710249013_398150054_n.jpg

1043986_564605423581975_1111800117_n.jpg

One will be mounted to this REM M40A1 308 built by GAP
    P1040829-1-1.jpg

Mike @ CST

Original Unertl USMC Sniper Scope that has been refurbished by USoptics. We have two more on the way. Unertl SN# 1091 looks like it never has been mounted. We have SN# 1094 and 1095 on the way.
    6193_564601710249013_398150054_n.jpg

1043986_564605423581975_1111800117_n.jpg

One will be mounted to this REM M40A1 308 built by GAP
    P1040829-1-1.jpg

Mike @ CST

...on a return stock! Doesnt get much more legit than that. Excuse me while i drool!

I don't want to be the one to bust your bubble but, the original Unertal did not have the disc on the bottom. Not to mention, all of the original USMC scopes were destroyed by my beloved Corps armors. The disc holds a spring system developed by USO. I believe Unertal took them to court over the modification. Don't get me wrong, I envy you, they are sweet scopes.

Doc Les

I don't want to be the one to bust your bubble but, the original Unertal did not have the disc on the bottom. Not to mention, all of the original USMC scopes were destroyed by my beloved Corps armors. The disc holds a spring system developed by USO. I believe Unertal took them to court over the modification. Don't get me wrong, I envy you, they are sweet scopes.

Doc Les

You're right that it's not 100% original but USO did service the Unertl's and many of the ones in use had the USO modification.

Doc Les

Thanks for your input but this. I hid my homework on this scope before I posted it up. It was confirmed by USO it is a Unertl scope, I also had it confirmed with the USMC that is was purchased by the USMC in 1985 along with the other 2 I’m getting. All 3 were refurbished by USO in the early 2000s (not sure when). You are correct it is all 100% original do to the upgrade and recoating done by USO. As far as I know court aspect I do not know.

You will notice this one show the Unertl Logo, Blow the logo it says “UNERTL-10x”, and then below that the SN# starts with a “T”. None Military scoped started with a “T”. Also there is NO PLUG in the bottom.
    Photo take by d_lamz
    3736108624_ba377a16a8_o.jpg

For the USO you will notice a USO Logo, below that you will see “USMC SNIPER”, then the 4 dig SN#.
    Photo take by USO.
    322496383.jpg

The scope at the top of this post shows a Unertl Logo, below that you will see “USMC SNIPER”, then the 4 digit SN#. The plug indicates it was refurbished by USO if it does not have the plug then USO did not touch it. A lot of the Unertl 50cal USMC SNIPER scopes I have seen have been modified by USO. This was Unertl's way of determining a “USMC SNIPER” scope.

The USMC did not destroy them all as of yet they.

Last edited:
    If they were all destroyed how did the CMP get the half dozen or so they recently auctioned off? With more to come.

You'll also notice on the 50 cal scopes, they milled down the "sniper" and stamped ".50 cal" on top of it.

The disk on scope was done after USO rebuilt the Unertl's and USMC found the original design would not zero on an M40a3 with 30mos base. I was doing some product TxE for USO at the time and several of the scopes the USMC could not make work worked perfectly on my rifles with 20 moa bases. Long story short we met up and showed them it was the angle of the base. John Sr. came up with this great fix for them and it also changed the flat spring inside to a coil spring of better design. It was and is a great idea. May he rest in peace. He saved the Corps from having to buy all new scopes right away and improved an already great design.

USO rebuilt many hundreds of the Unertl's and changed many parts, so its hard to tell if the insides are Unertl or USO. That really should not matter though as having used both they are both very good, with edge actually going to USO since they made several improvements.

I wish someone would make a modern variable scope with Unertl adjustments. I loved those.

Last edited:
    The disk on scope was done after USO rebuilt the Unertl's and USMC found the original design would not zero on an M40a3 with 30mos base. I was doing some product TxE for USO at the time and several of the scopes the USMC could not make work worked perfectly on my rifles with 20 moa bases. Long story short we met up and showed them it was the angle of the base. John Sr. came up with this great fix for them and it also changed the flat spring inside to a coil spring of better design. It was and is a great idea. May he rest in peace. He saved the Corps from having to buy all new scopes right away and improved an already great design.

USO rebuilt many hundreds of the Unertl's and changed many parts, so its hard to tell if the insides are Unertl or USO. That really should not matter though as having used both they are both very good, with edge actually going to USO since they made several improvements.

I wish someone would make a modern variable scope with Unertl adjustments. I loved those.

Would you mind explaining the unertl adjustments, Ive heard a lot of people talk about it but never actually heard it explained.

The the elevation knob a BDC turret setup 762x51 (308) for every 100yds out to 1,000yds. The lower turret is half MOA adjustments 3moa up and 3moa down. The system works great for it's intent.

Mike @ CST

I never get tired of seeing these scopes...sexy simplicity! Great to see cmp is getting them and releasing them, it should be a crime to scrap them.

NoN USO upgraded scopes will have 4 min of windage in 30 cal. The 50 cal bdc will have 8. ALL THE USOs will have 8. I have several USMC scopes, all the USO upgraded scopes were modified to help maintain the zero and the windage know was replaced on the 30 cal. They were not ALL scrapped. I know of at least 16 still in the USMC armory. PMO was issued some as late as 2007.

NoN USO upgraded scopes will have 4 min of windage in 30 cal. The 50 cal bdc will have 8. ALL THE USOs will have 8. I have several USMC scopes, all the USO upgraded scopes were modified to help maintain the zero and the windage know was replaced on the 30 cal. They were not ALL scrapped. I know of at least 16 still in the USMC armory. PMO was issued some as late as 2007.
    Are you only talking about the CMP released ones with the 4moa windage? Both of my issued rifles had 8moa windage, '95-'01.

how much for this bad ass scope?

When guys ask me how much this scope would sale for I always cringe. The price really comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it. I have been told $10 to $12K mainly do the condition. The other two I’m told will go for $6k to $8k. I will be selling one for sure.

I will post photo up soon.

Mike @ CST

Last edited:
    Thanks guys. I do not plan on keeping all three of them I will be selling ONE of the two that I just got, 1094 or 1095. If your interested you can PM or call 916.670.1103.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Last edited:
    I need one of these scopes! how much?

The 1094 and 1095 sold for Just under $8,000.00 We have been offered $10,500 for 1091 and did not take it we are asking $12,000 for it. We just got an unmounted Unertl MST-100 USMC SNIPER with original box and toll bag I'm not sure what we will ask for it but my guess is $15,000.00.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL