• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORSIS T-5000

Toast

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2011
    So Cal
    Can anyone help me buy an Orsis T-5000? Is it possible? 6.5 creedmoor or .308 or .338

2n9bx54.jpg

Hi,

O man that article is so false and misleading.....

The NRA did NOT go to Russia strictly to meet with Orsis. It went (with the blessing of the US Treasury Department and US Department of State) on behalf of American companies to discuss a way to get some of the more modern Russian and Ukranian firearms manufacturers added to the VRA. In particular with MOLOT being added to the sanctioned list by Obama administration and how that was going to affect USA companies.

In regards to the Army report on Orsis...well that was/is based on what the International Special Warfare Community witnessed from Team 1 of the Russian Counter Terrorism Unit when they won the International Warrior Competition at KASOTC in 2015.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Nathan has been in Australia, his daughter had a baby there,

I would say it will be a bit for any off caliber barrels to be ready. Barrels will certainly be the slow point in this system

Because these use "Their" barrel and there are no aftermarket options, you are at their mercy

I would say it will be a bit for any off caliber barrels to be ready. Barrels will certainly be the slow point in this system

Because these use "Their" barrel and there are no aftermarket options, you are at their mercy
    They need to fix that for sure.

Thanks for the information. Pursuing a cadex or AI will be a better option here for a while then. I wouldn’t want to be stuck waiting on a barrel from Ritter & Stark knowing what our wait times are here already for firearm parts.

Hi,

I doubt it very much that you will see "aftermarket" barrels for their system. One of their marketing and selling points is the way they produce their barrels with electrochemical machine, along with having the scope rail integral on barrel.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Reactions: Average guy
    I saw plans to change it,

They got shut down hard for that barrel design so in order to compete they are gonna move to a different design. They can still make the barrels the same, but the rail on the barrel is a No Go for here in the USA.

They have a design to use a Remington type thread on an extension

Can anyone help me buy an Orsis T-5000? Is it possible? 6.5 creedmoor or .308 or .338

2n9bx54.jpg
    No chance.
    Exception is to join the FSO sniper’s unit and you will get it for free with the bonus of a breathtaking view from the Kremlin walls.
    Just a joke.

Attachments

• 7ADC0B50-89A0-4C8F-BAA4-366AFC5F33DC.jpeg
      7ADC0B50-89A0-4C8F-BAA4-366AFC5F33DC.jpeg
      237.7 KB · Views: 134
    • 5E38261B-DD79-40E5-B042-CEA132A270C3.jpeg
      5E38261B-DD79-40E5-B042-CEA132A270C3.jpeg
      225.8 KB · Views: 161
    • 40B25425-FD74-4E32-A565-0EFD56B26D94.jpeg
      40B25425-FD74-4E32-A565-0EFD56B26D94.jpeg
      92.5 KB · Views: 138
    • C6B4AB47-E918-4B59-B602-D67F7387B6D5.jpeg
      C6B4AB47-E918-4B59-B602-D67F7387B6D5.jpeg
      264.9 KB · Views: 136
    • F62456FF-98B1-4C83-AAED-5FCFCEDD6897.jpeg
      F62456FF-98B1-4C83-AAED-5FCFCEDD6897.jpeg
      45.5 KB · Views: 136
    Last edited:
    I have a T-5000 with deployment kit in 308 that was imported Pre Ukraine sanctions for LE/Mil testing but don’t think there is a way to move it in the US from Canada due to current ITAR regulations. Maybe someone in the know can chime in, is there any type of license that would allow for the import ?

Hi,

Well ITAR doesn't have anything to do with firearms coming INTO the USA; that is controlled by the BATFE.

BATFE will not approve the Form 6 import license for the Orsis because they are not listed on the VRA (Voluntary Restraint Agreement) which list exactly what firearms and ammunition CAN be imported from Russia and any of the Old Bloc countries.

That is why Kalashnikov USA is an independent company from Kalashnikov Concern.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Well ITAR doesn't have anything to do with firearms coming INTO the USA; that is controlled by the BATFE.

BATFE will not approve the Form 6 import license for the Orsis because they are not listed on the VRA (Voluntary Restraint Agreement) which list exactly what firearms and ammunition CAN be imported from Russia and any of the Old Bloc countries.

That is why Kalashnikov USA is an independent company from Kalashnikov Concern.

Sincerely,
    Theis

BOOM, thanks for the clarification, reading the current available documentation, I was at pretty much the same conclusion.

Hi,

Yea, that VRA has saved and cost me a lot of money lolol...

I tried getting the following added to the VRA but one side or the other did not want to proceed with it:

Lobaev
    Orsis
    Zybroyar
    Fort (I wanted to import their 5.7 pistol for the USA market)

Sincerely,
    Theis