• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oryx Bag rider

Oldmauser

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2018
The topic is well known. Oryx is a great chassis for the money. However, if you switch from PRS to F-class, it's nice to have a buttstock with a bag rider. I use a SEB rear bag and oryx just does not fit in. I am thinking about buidling a bag rider based on steel LOP spacer and a 20 diameter steel bar
Did you try something similar?

@Oryx_Official _official any thoughts on the bag rider?

Reactions: Ldecker81
Not a budget solution by any stretch, but Long Shot Precision makes an adjustable bag rider for the Oryx chassis.

Oryx+w+RM-Long-ABR+%281%29+%281%29.jpg

http://www.adjustablebagrider.com/shop-all/rail-abr-sqr-bottom

With it being pic rail mounted you could use it on any rifle. But doubling the cost of the chassis makes one want to mount such an expensive accessory on a more adjustable chassis IMO

Send me a PM with your particulars you are wanting, height, length and dia. of rider portion and the length of the pick rail you mounting on., I can model one up for you, and if you like the concept I can print it out for you. The ones I make for several different rifles are very strong and lightweight.

I live in continental Europe, but they do not offer an oryx bag rider. You cannot mount a picatinny rail under the buttstock.

My Oryx has an Mlok slot on the bottom of the buttstock. Is there no slot on yours? If it's just flat you could probably drill and tap it to mount a rail.

I used a heavy gauge, 90 degree galvanized bracket as a proof of concept for my oryx. I have the older gen without m-lok as well, so I attached the bracket in the same way as a spacer kit, like you are considering. This system is rigid enough and works great as is. But I’m currently working on a different system using the same attachment system.

Attachments

• 4BF3A004-D6E8-48A9-9B4C-AB19AD3454AD.jpeg
    4BF3A004-D6E8-48A9-9B4C-AB19AD3454AD.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 426
  • B8B8DDE5-E5BE-4E38-B6FF-75625282C480.jpeg
    B8B8DDE5-E5BE-4E38-B6FF-75625282C480.jpeg
    614.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 338B447D-88B6-47CA-AD26-076909BF2C0B.jpeg
    338B447D-88B6-47CA-AD26-076909BF2C0B.jpeg
    472.6 KB · Views: 469
@Ldecker81 very nice:). The problem with this kind of guage is sliding through a proper F-class/benchrest rear bag. for sliding we need an angled bag rider or a round one like in the dolphin stock

I would like to report to you guys that my complaint about lack of bag rider for the oryx chassis has a happy ending. pfl338 and I engaged offline in the discussion on the bag rider design and pfl338 being a skilled engineer machined a beautiful prototype of the oryx chassis bag rider. It is a rigid stainless steel design. pfl338 generously send me this beauty over to Europe for free. @pfl338 you are the man! Thank you. It not only feels great, it also looks super cool.

VFUN4q6.jpg

spacer system is smart use here

wonder if these are the same spacers as the HNT26. little more rear weight and a bag rider would be nice for NRL Hunter matches

from the ORYX and MDT website they look identical to me

paging @pfl338

Last edited:
I would like to report to you guys that my complaint about lack of bag rider for the oryx chassis has a happy ending. pfl338 and I engaged offline in the discussion on the bag rider design and pfl338 being a skilled engineer machined a beautiful prototype of the oryx chassis bag rider. It is a rigid stainless steel design. pfl338 generously send me this beauty over to Europe for free. @pfl338 you are the man! Thank you. It not only feels great, it also looks super cool.

VFUN4q6.jpg
That looks solid! Great work

VFUN4q6.jpg
Glad to help a brother out, it was a fun project with nice results. Making it was the easy part @Oldmauser, now you got to go win some matches;):)

spacer system is smart use here

wonder if these are the same spacers as the HNT26. little more rear weight and a bag rider would be nice for NRL Hunter matches

from the ORYX and MDT website they look identical to me

paging @pfl338
Pm me some pictures of what your wanting, then lets see if we can make it happen. To be honest the solid stainless design was a one off, special request from @Oldmauser, it will be much more economical to made from aluminum. That would probably add enough weight for the 22 league.

E531553C-7736-4806-905D-1A7925258900.png

Jamer Consulting does a 3D printed bag rider. If extra weight is also wanted this may not be near the top of the list. It’s pretty light. It’s been working well for me in F class F-TR division club matches.
Pretty sure Jamer is a member here.

View attachment 7887288
Jamer Consulting does a 3D printed bag rider. If extra weight is also wanted this may not be near the top of the list. It’s pretty light. It’s been working well for me in F class F-TR division club matches.
Pretty sure Jamer is a member here.
I purchased one of those after trying a couple different DIY setups and have been really happy with the classic version like yours in the photo. It’s a simple, relatively cheap way for people who don’t like to tinker/build their own systems.

Get ahold of @Rthur and see if one of his bag bullets would work. Best bag rider I’ve seen. Angled and round.

Reactions: Rthur
The older(couple yrs) Oryx had aluminum in butt the 2 newer one's I recently got are plastic.... this will require machining an alum butt block for my bag rider design as I contacted Oryx asking if I could buy the aluminum peice...was told not available at this time.....

Attachments

• 20220213_223329.jpg
    20220213_223329.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 235
We do indeed have two easy, affordable bag rider options for the Oryx chassis. You can see them here.

We do indeed have two easy, affordable bag rider options for the Oryx chassis. You can see them here.

Love the classic version. Really enjoying shooting my 700 in the oryx with the Jamer.

Attachments

• 322A9614-8125-46C5-9806-1F9034689201.jpeg
    322A9614-8125-46C5-9806-1F9034689201.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 155
I purchased one of those after trying a couple different DIY setups and have been really happy with the classic version like yours in the photo. It’s a simple, relatively cheap way for people who don’t like to tinker/build their own systems.
I somehow cracked mine and it ultimately failed. My fault. I know I hit the edge of my clubs concrete shooting bench right on the bag rider. I have a V2 Benchrest model on order. It looks like it will settle into my Protektor #13F rear bag better.

Excellent, thanks for your order. Let us know how you like the V2.

The older(couple yrs) Oryx had aluminum in butt the 2 newer one's I recently got are plastic.... this will require machining an alum butt block for my bag rider design as I contacted Oryx asking if I could buy the aluminum peice...was told not available at this time.....
great minds think a lot alike😎 made this for my AXMC
IMG_0880.jpg
IMG_0879.jpg
IMG_0878.jpg

I can attest Jamers new version of his Benchrest bag rider. It also allows for height adjustment and takes up the depth of two rear spacers, which works out very well for me. I've used this version in two local matches and the version for the M-lok in a couple more in my newer Oryx chassis and they both fix one of the issues with using the Oryx chassis in PRS.

Attachments

• Jamer bag rider.jpeg
    Jamer bag rider.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 158
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad the new version is working so well.

I can attest Jamers new version of his Benchrest bag rider. It also allows for height adjustment and takes up the depth of two rear spacers, which works out very well for me. I've used this version in two local matches and the version for the M-lok in a couple more in my newer Oryx chassis and they both fix one of the issues with using the Oryx chassis in PRS.
this rider has little to do with benchrest. It's crucial for a benchrest stock to properly slide between the ears of a rear bag. Jamer's bag rider can be ok for PRS but it will not slide the benchrest way. Look at the benchrest stock:

I have not competed in a benchrest match yet, so I cannot say I agree or disagree. I do have a rear bag with ears and will try it out the next time I go to the range.
Jamer also has a version that is as narrow as the chassis itself that will work with the 1st Gen Oryx if you feel the new version is too wide.
I will say again that one of the issues with the Oryx chassis in PRS competition was the lack of surface area in the rear for a bag, especially when you’re on the clock and moving. If you have a 2nd Gen Oryx they put M-lok slots for a bag rider that the 1st Gen did not have. Jamers “Benchrest Bagrider” fixes that issue.

I’ve not done any BR shooting. I’m doing class (F-TR Division). I had the original Jamer bsgrider snd it was just too wide for me. That’s why I went with the Benchrest V2. Enough narrower for me but still wide enough to be really stable in a Protektor #13F rear bag.

I used a heavy gauge, 90 degree galvanized bracket as a proof of concept for my oryx. I have the older gen without m-lok as well, so I attached the bracket in the same way as a spacer kit, like you are considering. This system is rigid enough and works great as is. But I’m currently working on a different system using the same attachment system.
Is it possible to mount it to bottom of stock only with the M-lock bolt and nut without adding to length of pull? Thanks

Update: I dissasembled the bag rider since it adds torque to the stock. I feel it is better to slide the original oryx in the bag than with a bag rider due to vector of recoil force.

Is it possible to mount it to bottom of stock only with the M-lock bolt and nut without adding to length of pull? Thanks
Was looking for that as well. Found two models that do that (JMR is one of them. Both are in the US , and currently do not ship to Canada) can not find similar canadian made product.