• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORYX chassis?

BamaBrad

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2014
Those that run the ORYX chassis what does it all come with? Would you need to add anything to run it “out of the box” I was reading the specs on the website and saw that it accepted an AR15 grip and AICS mags but didn’t see if it could use the factory mags (TIKKA T1x) I really like what I saw with the chassis but didn’t know if it came ready to go or I needed a stock and grip and rail, ect? Thanks.

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Those that run the ORYX chassis what does it all come with? Would you need to add anything to run it “out of the box” I was reading the specs on the website and saw that it accepted an AR15 grip and AICS mags but didn’t see if it could use the factory mags (TIKKA T1x) I really like what I saw with the chassis but didn’t know if it came ready to go or I needed a stock and grip and rail, ect? Thanks.
You can run your T1x mags. I've got one for my T1x. Pretty great value. I really enjoy it. You'll need a rail (arca or pic) to mount a bipod tho.

Reactions: BamaBrad
BTW, just a note on the Oryx. I liked the design of it allot, Simple, adjustable and functional .The plastic gave it some warmth to the skin that I found lacking on other chassis.. That said, you should know that it isn't as adjustable for weight and center of balance adjustments as some others. You'll also want their ARCA rail as it is designed to fit the contour of that chassis.

Attachments

• 20211217_103213.jpg
    20211217_103213.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 291
I just put my Savage in an Oryx. I added the MDT elite vertical grip. It adds a better thumb shelf. Also added an NSX 5.5-22x50 moar t. It's heavy at 14.5lbs, but I saved some weight with the Ti pro3 😆 Only one thing that I'm irritated by so far. The back of the butt stock is too tall to get a cleaning rod straight down the barrel. I'm going to see about doing a little machine work on something to get it to fit.

I just put my Savage in an Oryx. I added the MDT elite vertical grip. It adds a better thumb shelf. Also added an NSX 5.5-22x50 moar t. It's heavy at 14.5lbs, but I saved some weight with the Ti pro3 😆 Only one thing that I'm irritated by so far. The back of the butt stock is too tall to get a cleaning rod straight down the barrel. I'm going to see about doing a little machine work on something to get it to
You will need nothing if you plan on shooting off of a front bag if not do as others have mentioned it to will take T1X mags, only problem I’m having is that on the factory stock i mounted my scope as low as i could get it , now I find it to low i can’t get a proper cheek weld . It’s not like a lot of other chassis that their stock section drops down it’s really straight

I have two Oryx chassis one on a .223 12 FV and one on a 6.5mm 12 FV.
Both actions dropped right in.
The AICS mags that I selected work well with the chassis and feed beautifully.

If you don't pay attention to the AICS mag you select, you might not be able to do that.

The chassis on both are solid and fit beautifully
The .223 improved accuracy but about 20%.
If I buy another 12FV, I will definitely get another Oryx.

I have two Oryx chassis one on a .223 12 FV and one on a 6.5mm 12 FV.
Both actions dropped right in.
The AICS mags that I selected work well with the chassis and feed beautifully.

If you don't pay attention to the AICS mag you select, you might not be able to do that.

The chassis on both are solid and fit beautifully
The .223 improved accuracy but about 20%.
If I buy another 12FV, I will definitely get another Oryx.

The T1x drops in, and the mags work fine. Perfect for a bench due to the weight. The only sort of want might be the extensions for length of pull. Really like mine.

Reactions: BamaBrad
If you use a rear bag, the bottom of the butt stock has a very small area and is not ideal. A lot of our customers are very happy with the addition of our bag riders. In fact we just released an updated version of the Benchrest.

Reactions: NovemberPapa
I have a LOP spacer kit you're welcome to for free if someone needs it. If you get that chassis just reach out

I have a LOP spacer kit you're welcome to for free if someone needs it. If you get that chassis just reach out
After getting the chassis I realized I should have gotten the spacer kit. I like the chassis especially the weight it adds compared to the factory stock.
D4ACD6BC-6143-4A37-BFA1-C3AE25337B75.jpeg
B5C6CD6E-8AF6-4E73-9510-4BBCBE302CE8.jpeg

Have y'all done any LOP reduction? Without any spacers the LOP is still too long for me. Throught about putting the band saw to it and graft a kickeeze.

??

Oryx chassis and CZ457 Varmint 24".
I made the slider from 20mm stainless steel, and the attachment piece (spacer) is 9mm alloy.
It's a nice LOP for me with no extra spacers needed (other than the one supplied with the chassis).
I only use this rifle for indoor rimfire benchrest at 25 yards.
You can, of course, make your own spacers.
I made spacers from 20mm American Oak when I was working out what LOP suited me best. Made up the first 'slider' from wood as well, until I figured out what I needed. Then made the metal version (as per the pic).
Finally found that the extra 9mm was all I needed.
So don't overlook that you can, with minimum tools needed, make spacers from wood (doesn't 'need' to be plastic). Paint the wood black if wood grain worries you.

Slider1.JPG

Has anyone installed weights in this chassis? I need so weight up front and it seems the only way is inside the channel with Mlok weights.