• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oryx or Bravo

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
Bought to get a chasis for my T 1x. Which of these would you go with. Anybody have experience with both?

I asked this same question in the Tikka group over on Facebook and the Bravo was the clear winner with the guys over there.

I ended up going with the Bravo for a couple of different reasons. I placed my order on 4 February and the chassis arrived at my house on 8 February which was awesome. But the downfall is that KRG charges $30 for shipping.

Good luck.

I'd say get the one that's cheaper to add extras too. For me here in Oz krg are just way too expensive and usually out of stock to use their parts.

I went with MDT on my 223 and rimfire. The 6.5 that I have came standard with an x-ray stock which I'll change once MDT make something for the Lithgow la105. At least MDT has more than 1 importer in Australia unlike krg. Plus I keep my Canadian wife happy buying Canadian made.

I’ve had both and like the oryx better. It’s not as light but not heavy either.

just prefer the style and look of it better

Bravo has more options in the upgrade path.

Bravo if I can, oryx if I need a long action Savage.

Reactions: zman15
I have both.
They are both great.
That said I like the Bravo a little more. Strictly my opinion others may disagree.

After shooting with the Bravo a few times, I can honestly say that my groups have tightened up slightly.
I don't believe that the smaller groups are from the chassis alone. The rifle is much more comfortable and let's me get into a more repeatable position... I think that's what the smaller groups are coming from.

Reactions: nakoa01
I have 3 Bravos for my 3 T1x's. After the first one, I liked it so much I didn't want to take a chance with something else.

Reactions: nakoa01
I went Bravo for a V-22 build for the following.

1. Seemingly unanimous praise as far as comfort and shooter accommodation.
2. Accessories - I really like the spigot mount
3. Price point - whatever I get I want setup on all future builds to maintain consistency

I really like the Idea and price of the Oryx, and I don’t think you could go wrong with either.

What you think about GRS Berseck limited edition on tikka t1x it fit also on your tikka t3x? My tikka t1x is rebarelled/restocked/trigger upgrade to 1# spring. sorry I know am out of topic just wanna share my rig.

Attachments

• 20200215_185827.jpg
    20200215_185827.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 65