• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ORYX Tikka T1X torque specs?

BamaBrad

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2014
Seeing the photo thread with ORYX chassis with the Tikka T1X what are y’all running torque spec wise? ORYX said 15-45 inch pounds or manufacture specs but I was curious what y’all were running, as a consensus per say. I know every rifle is different but if I could get some numbers as a starting point I feel like that would help. Thanks.

Seeing the photo thread with ORYX chassis with the Tikka T1X what are y’all running torque spec wise? ORYX said 15-45 inch pounds or manufacture specs but I was curious what y’all were running, as a consensus per say. I know every rifle is different but if I could get some numbers as a starting point I feel like that would help. Thanks.
I have mine set at 45 in/lbs. I really didn't see much or any difference between 35 and 45 tho. Using less than 35 seemed to start opening my groups. I haven't gone any higher than 45 since I'm getting very nice, consistent MOA (or less) results at 50 and 100 yards with that setting using inexpensive Norma TAC.

Reactions: BamaBrad
35 to 45 in lbs will hold a 22lr in any stock no matter what material the stock is made of ,unless you might need to use the gun as a crow bar at times. I have played with torque settings on several benchrest 22s and have never seen much effect if any on accuracy. Just changes in point of aim.

Reactions: BamaBrad
I appreciate the replies I’ll start at 35 and see what the groups look like if I need to I’ll go to 40 and see what that does. Thanks again.

How are your groups with this chassis and 35 inch pounds compared to the factory stock? Thanks.
I was just out shooting last night I should have taken some pictures. At 50 yards it will put 10 rounds around 1/2" group. I had a 5 shot group @ 200 that was under 1". There was almost no wind.
Mine seems to like the Lapua Center X

I was just out shooting last night I should have taken some pictures. At 50 yards it will put 10 rounds around 1/2" group. I had a 5 shot group @ 200 that was under 1". There was almost no wind.
Mine seems to like the Lapua Center X
I’m following this post as i just recently purchased an Oryx chassis, unfortunately i haven’t had a chance to really try it , once i got putting it together i realize my scope was to low in vortex low rings so i ordered a set of MDT high rings, still waiting on the bipod as there was a mixup and i ended up with the picatinny rail mount, I’m going with the arca I’ve set the torque at 25 inch lbs as a starting point