• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Osama Bin Laden Kyhber AKM *Range Target Photo*

Afghanvet09

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
Holly Hill, SC
You may remember OBL kneeling shooting and AKM with a triangular side folding stock. They call these Kyhber Pass AK's and just had one built by Cold War Classics, Dave Trevino. Check it out, awesome. Build details started as demilled Romy G unfired kit, Dave removed the "G" and engraved the trunion with Russian markings. I bought a Russian copy AKM reciever from a company called 74LLC and got the wood from a master of recreating authentic soviet finishes, has the handle "Z-Recto". This is obviously is not a bench semi-rifle, but seen multiple postings asking about AK recommendations (Chinese Type 56 is best) and there's a lot of junk out there. Thought I'd pass my experience with a quality builder and how I did it. Got about $750 in the whole deal. Can ding steel at 300 meters all day long. How much more accurate do you need?

Re: Check out my Osama Bin Laden Kyhber AKM *Photos*

Nice rig! I've always wanted an authentic AK like that. Unfortunately in Cali they are a little hard to come by. (And if you can find a dealer willing to transfer one to you they're $$$$.)

Missing the paracord/duct tape wrapped around the top of the stock
wink.gif

Nice rifle and cool project.

Excellent rifle! Wonder if he can make my AK look that good and make it not FTE and FTF? Another Ohio Ordanance job that looks good just doens not come through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstennes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent rifle! Wonder if he can make my AK look that good and make it not FTE and FTF? Another Ohio Ordanance job that looks good just doens not come through. </div></div>

If you buy an AK I suggest you buy from a reputable builder. Lots of garage built by amateurs, and the reliability and function you think you're getting isn't there. Some companies have a poor rep (i.e., Century Arms) and it's hit and miss when you buy. AK Forum is the AK man's AR15.Com and you'll find out who the rep builders are there. I'm sure there's a AK smith that can probably fix your problem, they are all listed there.

Roger AZ6 on the para cord. First side folder I've got so maybe u-tube's got a vid on how to set that up.

This was the 5 shot group with iron sights only when I sighted the rifle in. Used a make shift table top rest, Brown Bear 123 grain, range was 100 meters. The other orange stickers were when I was dialing in for the zero. No MOA clicks on the FSP or windage like an AR, you just keep turning til you find the center bulls eye. Everytime I shoot this, reminded of how much more "umph" than my AR. Very pleased with rifle/ammo accuracy. Extreme spread was 3.5 inches. The kit's barrel is original unissued Romanian, chrome lined and was intact and not demilled.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstennes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent rifle! Wonder if he can make my AK look that good and make it not FTE and FTF? Another Ohio Ordanance job that looks good just doens not come through. </div></div>

Sell it and start over.

Or just by a ArsenalInc rifle. Bulgarian beauties with the right number of US parts.
IMHO best production AK's currently.

Or if you want russian, have a Saiga sproter converted by a good smith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstennes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent rifle! Wonder if he can make my AK look that good and make it not FTE and FTF? Another Ohio Ordanance job that looks good just doens not come through. </div></div>

Sell it and start over.

Or just by a ArsenalInc rifle. Bulgarian beauties with the right number of US parts.
IMHO best production AK's currently.

Or if you want russian, have a Saiga sproter converted by a good smith. </div></div>
I have emailed him and I'm gonna send it off to him to fix and make a Khyber out of it.